Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Cleared Hollow Fragment. On to Lost Song.

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Played more Miracle Girls Festival, completed all the tours. Its a great little game, only 22 music tracks in the game which is a pity, but as a blatant Miku clone it was a joy to play. It'll take a while to finish off all the trophies in the game (playing all the tracks on all difficulties etc.) Surprised it never got released outside of Japan, but then again its very import friendly so if you want a decent music game then give this a shot.

Mr Tornado likes this.
  3. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I finished (and platinumed) Zero Time Dilemma over the weekend, so started Odin Sphere Leifthrasir this morning. Only early on, but the combat is excellent and stringing together great combos is pretty easy - even for someone like me :)

It's also a nice change of pace from the last few Vita games I've played. I should get a couple of characters cleared before Dragon Quest Builders drops at the end of the week...

4. shadowman

Make sure you play Odin Sphere on the hardest difficulty setting (which contrary to the name, isn't really all that hard). Otherwise the game is far too easy (in my opinion).

5. Whimsical Red

Whimsical Red Member

It's really hard... in the original game. All the gameplay and control changes to the Enhanced Edition makes it a lot easier, but also much faster and significantly more entertaining to actually play, IMO.

6. shadowman

Yeah, I was half tempted to play the original version to get the full experience etc. but the new moves and refined controls/combat was just too good to pass up. The combat feels closer to Muramasa in many ways and is just a blast to play.

7. Whimsical Red

Whimsical Red Member

The Dragon Quest Builders Demo is actually quite surprisingly good...

Flying_Pig likes this.
  8. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Im still playing the Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Im now into the half of the Trophies. Hope i will get Double Platin in this Game :D
    I also started playing Zen Pinball. Buyed around 15 Tables to start with :D

9. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

:)

Based on your progress with games, I'm not sure your definition of hard is the same as mine :)

Easy is fine by me

10. shadowman

Well I did play through Ghouls n Ghosts 6 times on my time off, so yes my definition of hard is slightly different, but I still stand by Odin Sphere being too easy on anything other than hard (enemies hesitant to attack/attacking very slowly).

11. gamezalv

gamezalv Well-Known Member

Currently playing:

1) Dragon Quest Builders - amazing game. I love the sense of exploration it evokes and imo having a set objective/story + a hand crafted world makes it all the more better.
    2) Gundam Breaker 3 - I've stated before that I'm not a fan of beat-em-ups or musuo games but Gundam Breaker 3 is different and I love it. The customisation is pretty insane and honestly it's fun to create something, go and do a few missions and use the parts obtained to try something new.
    3) Darkest Dungeon - Difficult, challenging, a bit unforgiving but so much fun! The gameplay is strategic and the wealth of classes manages to keep thing fresh.

12. shadowman

Managed to make some progress in a few Vita games today:

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - FINALLY managed to get the final trophy in this game today - the 0/100 gem collection trophy was a pain in the ass to figure out as most stages make it impossible to not pick up at least a few gems. Stage 4-4 though is just about possible enough to get the trophy on. Glad to finally have this done, excellent game.

Axiom Verge - Doing a hard mode run while trying to glitch one of every enemy in the game. Done 7/9 boss battles in the game, so I should almost be done with it now. I'm trying to work out exactly how much harder the game is being, as damage wise it looks the same, maybe the bosses take more damage before defeating them? Health drops are certainly more sparse. Once these trophies are done I'll have plat'ed the game, that'll be another one to tick off the list.

Miracle Girls Festival - Clearing all the songs on all difficulties, very fun and its not all that hard to finish all the songs on the hardest difficulties. Just got to grind out money and tickets which will take the longest time to finish for sure.

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  13. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Currently playing Criminal Girls 2, about 1/2 way through I think, it's nice fun game

Some of the music is absolutely bonkers crazy!! haha love it!

14. Jubilee

Jubilee New Member

Hello to everyone. I'm a long-time reader of the site but only just joined the forum.

As a way of introducing myself I thought I would post what I'm playing at the moment.

-The Wolf Among Us.
    Just started and loving the first hour already. The music, the tone and characters is exactly what I wanted.

-Grim Fandango Remastered.
    So I started this about 10 months ago and decided to start a new game. So far I'm seriously disappointed- when I first started it in December / janruary it ran decently but now I can't even get Manny to run. Instead the game just grinds to a halt. I even tried reinstalling the game but nope. It's a pity though as I really wanted to love it...

-Tomb Raider 2.
    Nolstalgia is strong with this one, but the game is stronger.

DojoDan, Mr Tornado and shadowman like this.
  15. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Finished Lost Song, preordered Hollow Realizations. Criminal Girls: Invite Only up next.

DojoDan likes this.
  16. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    So this being the month of October, I thought it was time to pull out some scary games. Playing Corpse Party at the moment. :)

[​IMG]

17. Zankonell

Zankonell Active Member

Trails of Cold Steel II! It's pretty awesome so far! Has a much darker feel than the first game... Not the happy school time theme. Still pretty good.

18. Alpha

Alpha Member

Playing Jak and Daxter from the HD collection it has alot of frame rate issues putting the Vita on flight mode does help the frame rate oddly enough.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

shadowman likes this.
  19. bss

bss Well-Known Member

I finally beat Trails of Cold Steel! Finally! What an amazing JRPG, I absolutely adored it. Definitely going to play through it a second time before starting Cold Steel II, but for the moment, my list of current games is...

PSYCHO-PASS
    MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
    Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X
    Criminal Girls 2
    Exist Archive
    Either Superdimension Neptunia vs. SEGA Hard Girls or Hyperdimension Neptunia V-II (remote play) (haven't decided which I want to do first yet)
    Dragon Quest Builders (this is surprisingly great)
    Ray Gigant (I'm back on the horse)

I gave up on Stranger of Sword City for the moment. It just couldn't keep my interest, and I'm already enjoying MeiQ more even if it is night vs. day easier.

20. shadowman

That's good to hear. I'll remember to try that the next time I play it.

I've been finishing up on Miracle Girl Festival. I've almost finished all songs on all difficulties, with a few exceptions most of the songs are fairly easy to do, I've actually never failed a song even on the hardest difficulty! I've almost got all the trophies as well now, its been fun but I really don't like the menu system in the game - its a pain to scroll through the songs and see which I've completed on which difficulty (IA/VT did this far better).

21. Ben_n95

Ben_n95 Member

Started Teslagrad, genuinely forgot how fun complex simplicity can be.

22. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Still playing Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable. 10 hours Play Time & only 18% Missions Complete. This might take a while!

23. Alpha

Alpha Member

It was almost impossible to beat the mission where you fight off the lurker rats useing only the touch screen but after I was on a camping trip I just had flight mode on and I noticed the game seemed to run smoother and I was able to beat the mission and get the trophy. Also I'm not sure if this also helps but the game for some reason has the option for vibration enabled in the menu so I would disable that as well that way the game isn't constantly sending commands to a controller that doesn't exist.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Andreas Stalin and shadowman like this.
  24. Whimsical Red

Whimsical Red Member

Was anyone else unable to download anything from PSN (games, patches, etc...) on their Vita since Friday?

I'm able to download stuff into my PS3/4, transfer games from the PS3 to my Vita, and download stuff to my Vita from the browser app, so I assumed that Sony had decided to put the Vita's PSN download priority level to the bottom during the Flash Sale, because of course they would, but it's still giving me the same error so I'm wondering if it may be an issue with my system or my memory card...

EDIT:
    Well, it seems that I'm an idiot who didn't realize that there were a few free add-ons for a game I don't have yet (but tagged in case they become paid DLC later on) on my install queue, and that they were blocking me from downloading anything else. I cancelled those installs and am now able to use my Vita at full capacity.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  25. _:_PuppyShark_:_

_:_PuppyShark_:_ Active Member

PSN ID:
    puppy_shark29-6
    Persona 4 Golden. About 120 hours in, have been obsessively fusing Personae and trying and failing miserably to defeat Narutame for the millionth time.

Seriously wondering if I should start a new game, tbh