Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

How much does Hakuoki on the Vita differ from the PSP version? I have played that game, one route.

2. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

I've been playing Raknarok Odyssey and Persona 4 Golden. I did some Killzone Mercenary but I am terrible at FPS.

3. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

I also played Hakuoki on the PSP, the version I have on the Vita is exactly the same, except for some features (the sprites moves a little, the art looks more beautiful on the Vita screen etc) story and system wise it's exactly the same (same home screen, CGs, mini games etc). But, another Hakuoki game is about to come out (and in English) with new characters routes and other bonus features! :) it's supposed to come ou in Spring 2017 under the name of Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds. maybe wait for this one to come out ^^

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Dee0342 likes this.
  4. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Finished Dungeon Travelers 2. Next is Freedom Wars.

5. Dee0342

How did you like Dungeon Travelers? It is a bit too heavy on fanservice for my taste but I curious if there is a solid dungeon crawler underneath it all.

6. Andreas Stalin

Dee0342 well I did enjoy it but not as much as I have enjoyed the etrian odyssey series. The art is actually pretty nice and the fan service is not really "that bad" even if you don't like that kind of stuff. It's a solid dungeon crawler with lots of classes and skills to try out, some heavy difficulty spikes here and there, a negligible story and a solid post-game which I didn't delve into this time. You also have the option to respec all of your characters at different level intervals without having to re-level from scratch.

You got lots of freedom on how you want to play the game as both melee and magic classes can hit pretty hard when properly leveled, I found that I had to grind a little bit before some of the bosses but not more than one level or so, and that includes the final story boss. There are some mechanisms within the dungeons that can make it a bit tedious to navigate from time to time and I got tired of all the traps after a while, they can be avoided though with the right party member set up.

All in all it's a solid dungeon crawler, pretty well balanced in difficulty and for those that really like to crawl through dungeons and experiment with different parties it will offer tons of hours of entertainment.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Simmi likes this.
  7. Dee0342

Do you have any other recommendations for dungeons crawlers on the Vita?

8. Andreas Stalin

There is of course Persona 4 which might be considered a dungeon crawler and it's fantastic at least until the end which for me was a little underwhelming compared to how Persona 3 ends. I have also played and finished Criminal Girls: Invite Only which was ok and had some unique mechanisms but the fanservice might turn you off.

Apart from that I haven't played any of the others but other people in this thread might chime in with some recommendations.

9. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Only DRPG I've played on the Vita is Ray Gigant, I don't really recommend it if your a fan of the genre - its incredibly easy (perfect for me as a "my first DRPG") but the gameplay is basic and story/characters are unbearable. Graphics are beautiful though and I loved the scale of some of the bosses.

10. Manjoume

Manjoume Scientist

Digimon Cyber Sleuth and Ray Gigant, but I stopped playing on my vita because I am playing for 34324234234th time the ace attorney series lol

11. shadowman

Played a bit more Fifa 15 yesterday. Giving up with the remaining trophies. Its just not very good, the AI on my team borderlines on idiotic at times, controls are imprecise and the opposing AI can go from braindead to amazing at the drop of a hat. I'll truly never understand the popularity with this game! Back to Garou MOTW I go.

12. EckyThump

EckyThump Active Member

Currently working on Demon Gaze's platinum. 2/3 of the way through by the looks of it.

Ray Gigant, Demon Gaze, Moe Chronicle, Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death, Mind Zero. I'm looking forward to Mary Skelter next year.

13. Dee0342

How is Operation Abyss? I saw a secondhand copy in a gamestore I visited today.

14. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

I am playing Soul Sacrifice Delta and The 3rd Birthday right now.

Andreas Stalin and Simmi like this.
  15. shadowman

Gave Exiles End another try today. Much better than when I tried playing it initially, then again I managed to find a gun fairly quickly this time so I can now stand a chance in fights. Its a decent little Metroidvania game, I'm quickly powering up nicely, looks like it has more than one ending so guess I'll be playing it through more than once at least (not sure about the speed run trophy though).

16. Lottolove

Lottolove New Member

Um, kinda new here. Made an account and decided to stay on GameFAQs but today is a new leaf so let's a go

Right now I'm playing SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, the English Asia version of course.

Trying to go for that plat but it's been a struggle as sometimes the stages can drag on for quite a while

mr_chun and shadowman like this.
  17. SasukeTheRipper

I just finished the story of Soul Sacrifice Delta :)

Lottolove likes this.
  18. Andreas Stalin

Enjoy! Great games both. I played the 3rd birthday so many times through on the psp, and both the original Soul Sacrifice and Delta obsessively on the Vita. Even multiplayer was still viable a year ago or so, is it still up?

19. mr_chun

mr_chun Member

I've had a sealed copy of the 3rd Birthday sitting in my nightstand forever. How is it?

20. shadowman

Restarted Escape Plan. Going for a run where I die on each screen, which is fairly straight forward (I've done it before on the PS4). Very pleased to see some physical controls have been added since I played it at launch - as the touch only controls made it really hard to complete, its much more playable now. I've got the DLC to play through as well so it should take me a while to clear all the content in this game.

Also still playing Exiles End, I just beat a fairly straight forward boss and have no idea where I need to go next!

21. mr_chun

mr_chun Member

I've just recently goten my PSTV hooked up to my monitor at my workstation here. Plugged in Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (which I never finished), and was disappointed to find that it's not compatible. Guess I'll have to move that one back to the handheld. Might jump back into Ragnarok Odyssey ACE or Ys.

22. Bax2blade

Bax2blade Member

Just started playing Trails of cold steel 2, afterwards I will be playing World of FF.

23. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    On Vita sucked back into Lumines and Rogue Legacy because Im getting burned out on Trails of cold steel and waiting for Gundam Breaker 3.

On PS4 I am playing Skyrim Special Edition (Titanfall 2 multiplayer/Star Wars Battlefront) when I can and waiting for The Division.

24. shadowman

Finished off Escape Plan, and the Asylum/Underground DLC's with all the collectables etc. Just shy one trophy on the main game (clear the game on challenge mode in under 20 deaths) which I am working on now. Then its onto the Directors Cut DLC.
    Also, hit my first 2017 Vita goal - I finally got my trophy completion percentage (average across all played games) to 50%. For whatever silly reason I feel the need to try and complete every Vita game with 100% (or at least above 75%). My next goal is to finish off all the launch games for the system. That should last a while!

25. SasukeTheRipper

Child of Light :)