Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

I started Dragon Quest Builder and can't put it down ^^

Darkknezz likes this.
  2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Finished Exiles End today, getting both endings. Couldn't find all the collectables though, according to the completion percentage total I'm short 3 things but damned if I know which ones I've missed after looking at a guide. I hate collectables...

(Re)Started Wipeout 2048 today as well. Finished the 2048 tour, moving over to the 49 tour. Its so good, really smooth even if its not 60FPS, looks amazing and is damned fun to play. Got the HD and Fury DLC downloaded as well so that should give me my fill of Wipeout.

3. LaCru79

LaCru79 Member

Playing Shiren the wanderer - The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate, and I'm loving it. Played the DS game a lot, and I really enjoy roguelike games in general. The only gripe I'm having is that the games main game seems a tad on the easy side. Its probably just me not being far enough in the game, but I started yesterday and I have not died a single time and I have already completed two of the three towers. I know that it has a huge postgame with a lot of extra dungeons, but I did expect the main game to be much harder to be honest.

shadowman likes this.
  4. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

I'm back to my Otome games with Bara Ni Kakusareshi Verité, I have 2 characters left to date ;)

shadowman likes this.
  5. inDesigner

inDesigner Member

I have FFVII in the PS4 patched and waiting. I have Eve Valkyrie weekly's to do in PSVR..... but instead i'm glued to my Vita playing the third map in Dragon Quest Builders. This game is Minecraft but with humor, nostalgia and subtle direction. You could play it on console but it's so addicting that having on the go is preferable.

6. VitaNation

VitaNation Member

retro city rampage lol and soon freedom wars

7. shadowman

Spent more time playing Wipeout 2048 this week. Two things I don't like - the amount of stuff tied to the barren online community, and the amount of grinding required to unlock everything (which realistically can only be attained by playing online IF you can find a match).

Its a pity that some content is tied to the above, as the game is amazing otherwise, some really great track design and races. Not a fan of the battle events, I'd rather have more races instead. I don't stand a chance of getting Elite passes for all the events though, some time trials are just way beyond my skill (and I'm just not good at Wipeout games). The extra DLC is brilliant as well, played a bit of the Wipeout HD tracks and really enjoyed myself.

8. Olliemar

Olliemar Member

Just booted up Titan Souls for the first time - very endearingly simple gameplay, enjoying it so far.

shadowman likes this.
  9. shadowman

I really loved Titan Souls. Some of the bosses could be a right pain at first, but the one hit kill mechanic for the bosses made things more fair, and pretty darn satisfying when you manage to finally hit their weak point!

10. dunpeal2064

dunpeal2064 Active Member

I just picked up my Vita, so limited to Cross-Buy games I had sitting around on PSN.

Decided to finally give Hotline Miami a try, and am having a damn good time with it! No idea why I put it off for so long. In between sessions of that I still play DJ Max Technika Tune like every day. Was the game I missed too much and ended up re-buying the system for. :)

shadowman likes this.
  11. inDesigner

inDesigner Member

Hotline Miami is crazy good on Vita. would love to see an NA physical release on that one.

12. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Made the mistake of not playing Broken Age for a few weeks & now I can't get back into it even though I only completed the first Acts. Will delete it I think & return at a later date. Now for a change of, umm, genre...

"Squishy squishy! Boingy boingy!"

I don't even know what the hell I'm saying anymore.

I'm that excited.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    dunpeal2064 likes this.
  13. shadowman

Cleared the main campaign in Wipeout 2048 and started the Wipeout HD campaign. Its amazing bar one rather stupid glitch - there is a random chance that the game will crash when you are just about to finish a race - so many times I've seen my gold medals hopes killed by the game crashing - and let me tell you when that happens 6 races into an 8 race tournament (with no saving in between races) it bloody sucks! Disabling Wifi fixes the issue according to the Internet, and that trick has worked so far for me, still a really annoying glitch though!
    Otherwise the courses are excellent, I might actually prefer it to the main campaign (certainly feels like its longer) and I still have the Fury campaign to do once I'm done.

14. dunpeal2064

Finished up Hotline Miami (What a game!), and have physical copies of Trails of Cold Steel and Criminal Girls 2 in the mail. Picked up Axiom Verge, Corpse Party (Original PSP game), and Senran Kagura Bon Appetit off of PSN to play in the meantime. :)

^ Yes (What game though?)

15. charlwoodian

charlwoodian Member

Just delved into the world of the PS Vita.

I'm a big fan of the Uncharted games on the PS3 so no better place to start than Uncharted: Golden Abyss for my first game. Only just started but impressed with the graphics and controls so far.

oatmealwarrior92 likes this.
  16. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Done with Freedom Wars, next up Trails of Cold Steel.

zodaex and oatmealwarrior92 like this.
  17. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

What you're playing. SK Bon Appetit. :)

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  18. shadowman

Working my way through Reality Fighters as part of my "play all launch games" project. I don't actually think any other launch game will be worse than this, its absolutely bloody awful. Its ugly, it plays like crap, the gyro controls should NEVER have been included in the game at all and none of the characters are even remotely interesting. Its also got a fair shot at being the worst fighting game ever released... When you consider AT LAUNCH you also got Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Blaz Blue there is no need for this game to exist. At least the trophy list looks fairly straight forward, should be able to rush through it.

19. dunpeal2064

I finally got to start it up today. Such a hilarious game! Music rhythm raunchyness at its finest.

zodaex likes this.
  20. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

Dug out Asphalt Injection & started playing a bit of it after seeing some mention of it here on the forums recently. Surprisingly enjoyable for a cheap lil game. Pity they didn't tweak just a few things here & there.

ixbeefxi likes this.
  21. oatmealwarrior92

oatmealwarrior92 Active Member

I'm playing through One Piece Unlimited World Red . I'm a big fan of the manga so I'm familiar with everything....not perfect but a fun game . I have/had a big problem with my PS4 with starting multiple games at once and it never ends well . That's why with the Vita I'm going one at at time .

22. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Just finished "Himouto Umaru-chan." Big fan of the anime so just had to get the game.

Andreas Stalin likes this.
  23. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

One of the coolest PS Vita games! :)

I am playing Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z and Fate/Extella right now.

24. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Well-Known Member

***Spoiler Alert for Parasite Eve II***

I finally finished playing and beating Parasite Eve II on my Vita. I fucked up, though. I accidentally forgot to save Pierce, even though I saw his red SUV parked in Dryfield by the General Store. I made a mental note to look for him, but I got side tracked buying out all of Mr. Douglas's weapons at his trailer, leaving him defenseless against the NMCs attacking his town. Oh well, if the NMCs didn't get him, I'm sure he was killed in the orbital strike cover-up anyway. Besides! I needed those small arms and ammunition more than he did, damn it! LOL

[​IMG]

It was an amazing game! I highly recommend it to anyone whom is into PS One Classics like myself. A definite 9.5/10 IMO! Just make sure and play the first PE before jumping into the this sequel as their stories directly connect! Aya Brea is the sexy female protagonist in both games.

Retro8bit and zodaex like this.
  25. dunpeal2064

Decided to try out a VN-esk game, so I picked up and played through the first Corpse Party game. Jesus, what a bleak and disturbing game. It was quite the experience, glad I decided to pick it up. After the scarring heals a bit I may need to check out the sequels. Might go for a slightly less... brutal VN for the next one though.

Criminal Girls 2 came in, so started that one up. Pretty fun, unique combat style, learning new abilities is rather interesting ;). Holy crap though, the game ramps up in difficulty really quick. The first boss just destroyed me, had to grind for a good hour before I could get past him with no casualties.

ixbeefxi likes this.