Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. ixbeefxi

ixbeefxi Well-Known Member

I have played quite a bit of Asphalt and it is a surprisingly fun game but it is just too damn easy, i mean you don't even need to corner if you don't want to. You can just bounce off the walls and still win!

I loved the 1st Corpse party but as you say it is super bleak. Starts off all Japanese and cutsey then BAM students are hanging themselves in a toilet or getting buried alive by some weird ghost child thing. I still am yet to play through the 2nd one or Blood Drive and i have owned both of them for a while now.

Currently i have about 20 Vita games on the go and am getting nowhere fast with all of them. Think i need to narrow it down to a couple and plow through them first.

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Finished off most of Wipeout 2048's DLC's. I can't clear the last levels on both HD and Fury's campaigns though, my lack of skill on Wipeout has finally caught up to me! I'll keep trying to chip away at it for a while, but I don't quite understand the concept behind having the ships so darn fast that its impossible to navigate courses on the fastest vehicle class...

Also managed to finish the Directors Cut DLC on Escape Plan. Not sure I can be bothered to 3 star/A+ all the levels though, there are some that are just too darn annoying to clear on the Vita (controls wise). I was happy to clear the levels though, some decent level design, if not for the issue with controls I'd have enjoyed them even more.

3. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    "Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates," an import j-rpg exclusive on Vita. Presentation wise this game amazes me. 60 frames per second, almost non-existant loading, and silky smooth graphics.

[​IMG]

Simmi, zodaex and 3VOLVE like this.
  4. 3VOLVE

3VOLVE PSN ID: Dusean17

I saw that game definitely want it. Love those turn-based RPGs.
    I'm currently playing God Eater Resurrection and Grand Kingdom.

Retro8bit likes this.
  5. shadowman

Playing around a bit on Joe Danger here and there, its actually more fun than I expected it to be. Guess it depends on how much the difficulty jumps up in later levels though but at the moment at least I can achieve all the goals on each level. Runs really smoothly as well which is always a nice bonus.

6. dunpeal2064

dunpeal2064 Active Member

Still playing through Criminal Girls 2. Just made it to the 2nd boss, and holy shit balls. Just completely wrecked me. Went and ground out 2 levels, came back, and proceeded to get one shot. Basically going to need luck to line up and get all my buffs/debuffs up without him using his stronger attacks (In a game where your moves allowed per turn are random!).

Also managed to pass some Ex songs in Project Diva F, which I am pretty pleased about.

7. shadowman

Ok. was going to play Uncharted but I'm really into Joe Danger now. Finished a good 33% of the game with all the stars now. I'm really liking the variety (bar the challenges that require use of the editor). Its a decent little arcade title.

8. EckyThump

EckyThump Active Member

Currently playing Putty Squad, not that much further to go.

9. shadowman

Replaying Uncharted now, and I'm torn on the earlier chapters. Too many cutscenes breaking up the action, doesn't really work for the handheld format (at least not what I want from a handheld game, not as bad as Metal Gear Solid 2 Vita though!). Later chapters (26 and up) are brilliant though, less talking, much more action and it really lets the game shine. I'd forgotten how much I'd missed the gyro controls for touching up my aiming. It works wonders, I probably get more headshots in this game than the first 3 Uncharted's combined. Chasing a few weapon based trophies at the moment, almost done with them now and then it'll be onto the collectables I'm short (looks like I have most of them) and then I'll give the harder difficulties a try.

10. Quikhax

Quikhax Member

Little Big Planet VITA! It's my first experience with a LBP game and I am loving it! Any other 2D platformers (or 2.5D) you'd recommend?

11. shadowman

Rayman Origins & Legends for sure. Also definitely get Shovel Knight which is amazing. If you want something on the harder side give Super Meat Boy, VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes a go. Slain is a brilliant action platformer but the Vita port kinda sucks (so just play it on any console/PC instead).
    You could also try:
    10 Second Ninja
    Ninja Senki DX
    Bit Trip Runner
    Mutant Mudds (either deluxe or Super Challenge, but bear in mind Super Challenge is significantly harder than deluxe so you probably shouldn't start with that one!)
    Oddworld New N Tasty
    Downwell (mix of platforming and action)
    A Boy and his Blob (brilliant puzzle platformer)

If you'd like more exploration in your platformers - then you can give the following Metroidvania styled games a try:
    Axiom Verge (definitely play this)
    Odin Sphere (play this one as well! Not so much a platformer as an action/adventure 2D game though)
    Knytt Underground
    Exiles End

Whimsical Red and dunpeal2064 like this.
  12. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

just finished and platinum'ed Bara ni Kakusareshi Verite, and started htoL#NiQ :)

13. shadowman

Good luck with htoL#NiQ. The controls are bloody awful on that one, made some of the trophies impossible (or just damn frustrating) to get. I'd be interested to hear how you fair with it!

Simmi likes this.
  14. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

I changed the controls, I'm not using the touch screens only the sticks (because as you said, the controls were shit XD), also I'm not going for platinum for this one :) I'm quite enjoying it so far!

15. shadowman

Even the stick controls aren't perfect, but they are far better (I tried them once, was mystified how the game shipped without the physical controls!). Have you done the mazes yet? One in stage 2-3 and another in one of the final levels. They are the chokepoints in the game in my opinion. A real nightmare thanks to those controls!

Simmi likes this.
  16. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

During lunch I am trying to play Mutant Mudds Deluxe.
    I am terrible at platformers. Even though nothing on a level changes I keep killing myself by falling on the spikes, mistiming jumps or jumping into the dang mudd monsters...

17. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

I passed the first maze and now I've been stuck on the 2nd chapter boss for hours! It's driving me crazy how slow she's moving!! :mad::mad::mad:

18. shadowman

Ah yes, I had that boss on the ropes twice before remembering your supposed to use your shadow powers to finish it off. The fourth boss is way more annoying though, you'll see what I mean when you get there!

19. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

just got the "you died 100 times" trophy because of that 2nd boss :mad::mad: but thank god I finally passed it!!

20. chimikina

chimikina Member

Just got the vita about a week ago an loving it so far. Right now im playing sao lost song. Fell in love with the game an can't seem to turn away from it. Not a whole lot of people are playing it online anymore an would love to meet some friends to play it with. But offline is just as fun.

TriOpticon and Simmi like this.
  21. charlwoodian

charlwoodian Member

Just finished Uncharted and somewhat agree on the cuts scenes early on but it didn't bother me too much as I played most of the game at home rather than on the move. Loved it and will go back to collect more trophies but have a few other games to start first.

An hour into Murumasa Rebirth and very impressed. Game play is so smooth and it looks beautiful. Quite easy so far but expecting the difficulty to ramp up.

shadowman likes this.
  22. shadowman

Yeah, cutscenes get fewer and further between the more I play Uncharted. Guess it feels like they are more frequent since cutscenes bookend each chapter. I've gotten a good 60%+ of the trophies now, not many more mysteries/collectables to get now, its been great fun revisiting the game. The later levels are definitely better in terms of actual gameplay as well - with bigger firefights later in the game. Now that I have the feel of the games controls down, I can finally play it like a console Uncharted game - mixing cover shooting with acrobatics and melee attacks. Good stuff.

23. shadowman

Finished my hard mode runthrough on Uncharted Golden Abyss. Great stuff, way less frustrating compared to playing the original Uncharted through on hard (damn that was a shit show, so bloody frustrating). Might give crushing a chance after getting the other couple of trophies that I'm short (since I can potentially platinum the game). Well pleased with revisiting this game, I was worried that it'd be a case where I was impressed with the game due to it being a launch title on new hardware, but its a great action title in its own right.

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  24. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Uncharted GA was my first platinum on Vita, what a beautiful game.

Currently trying to %100 Black Rock Shooter the game, rough being a PSP game but it is as beautiful as a PSP would've allowed, going through the extra missions got me to scenes I couldn't believe happened including:
    [​IMG]

stiggsen likes this.
  25. shadowman

Agreed :) Gave crushing difficulty a quick try, its actually ok, but enemies aren't using automatic weapons yet so I'll have to reserve judgement for now. Ticked off a couple more weapon based trophies and got a couple more bounties so maybe I'll be done with this game within the next week or so.

FearlessSasuke likes this.