Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Quikhax

Quikhax Member

Those are great recommendations, thank you!! Bit.Trip Runner is the most annoying, hair pulling, drives me crazy game I've ever played in my life! I could not for the life of me finish it back in a day on Steam!

It was so good though, I still ended up purchasing Bit.Trip Runner 2 and finished that one :p

I just purchased Guacamelee today for $5.99 in the US PS Store. Now it's showing up again as $14.99 so the sale might have ended.
    I saw that game on a lot of "Top XX" lists on YouTube and such so decided to give it a go after I finish Little Big Planet.

2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Guacamelee is an excellent choice. Its a brilliant action platformer.

Anyway, today I managed to make decent progress on Uncharted Golden Abyss. Managed to finish the last 14 chapters on crushing difficulty. Actually easier than I expected which was great, I'd say it was far less annoying compared to playing the original Uncharted on Hard mode. Just got a couple of easy trophies left for the platinum. Should have that done in the next couple of days. Lone Survivor next :)

3. shadowman

Playing a little Sound Shapes at the moment. Working on the Beat School DLC and its actually pretty fun, then again I did get the DLC for cheap, its not the kind of thing I'd have paid close to full price for, but its an entertaining little distraction and there are plenty of different "missions" to play. Pity they didn't do level based DLC instead though, I loved the album format for the main game.

4. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Finished trails of cold steel part I. Fantastic game, a triumph for gaming as a medium. Onward to part II.

Fie best girl btw.

Flying_Pig and dunpeal2064 like this.
  5. charlwoodian

charlwoodian Member

Nearly finished Muramasa Rebirth but become slightly tired of it (will go back to it) so started Virtua Tennis 4. Absolutely love the series and this is no exception.

Been playing for a couple of days and almost finished the World Tour and then I'll get onto getting as many trophies as possible. From looking at the list I shouldn't have too many issues getting all of them apart from the online ones.

6. MantonX2

MantonX2 Active Member

Recently got my first Vita and right now playing Toukiden Kiwami and loving it. The more I play it and get into creating and upgrading weapons/armor and collecting/manipulating Mitamas the more I like it. Annoyed I didn't get a Vita sooner. :)

DojoDan likes this.
  7. shadowman

Ok. finished all the Sound Shapes DLC, I've now started Lone Survivor. As predicted I'm loving this game. Its got the right mix of action, stealth and weird stuff. Only issues I have so far is that my character seems to get hungry really quickly, and my flashlight runs out insanely quickly (and this is with me keeping it off for 90% of my playtime so far...)
    Looking forward to seeing where this game goes... At the moment it basically feels like a 2D Silent Hill game.

8. shadowman

Ok, finished Lone Survivor twice now. Trophy list is pretty fun, only the endings are going to be annoying to get, since its all tied to the hidden sanity meter (I tried to tank it for one of the endings and despite being a complete dick I still got the same ending as before...)
    I should be able to get all the endings and other trophies with a couple more playthroughs. Oh, and its an awesome game, interesting setting/story and great gameplay. Definitely feels like a 2D Silent Hill game in the best sort of way.

9. Whimsical Red

Whimsical Red Member

Did you get the Genroku Legends DLC? All combined, it adds about as much content as the entire game, but in smaller chunks with very different playstyles, fully voiced storylines, unique bosses and multiple endings for each of the four characters.

It's definitely at the top of my list for the best paid DLC, in terms of bang for the buck.

10. shadowman

The Genroku Legends DLC rocks. Decent difficulty, unique playstyles for each character, brand new (often very strange) bosses AND the DLC was very cheap. Its definitely a must buy for fans of Muramasa.

Anyway, 3 playthroughs on Lone Survivor done, finally managed to get the red (bad) ending which took longer than I thought (I mean, all you have to do is be a dick to everyone, yet it still took me two tries to achieve!). Now I'm just left with the white, green and yellow endings (yellow looking the easiest to get) and the food combos. I also need to do a pacifist run (will tie that into white/green endings) and a expert mode ending (will tie that into a crappy run where I can shoot lots of things and take plenty of pills, just to make it easier on myself!)

11. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Shovel Knight. Frustrating! It's a good game no doubts there, but I'm not a fan of delayed action attacks so to speak. Especially as timing is such a big part of the game. Maybe my reactions are just getting slower. It's the first game on the Vita where it so nearly made me throw the whole machine out the window.

12. shadowman

What delayed actions? I've platinumed the game twice (PS4 and Vita) which required several playthroughs each and the controls are spot on. I'd say its more likely your reactions are getting slower as the controls were absolutely perfect for me ;)

13. DojoDan

I know I'm getting older ;) but it just seems theres a split second before the shovel swings around to the front which always catches me out when things are close. Or is it just me?

14. shadowman

I've personally never experienced that issue myself, I can't help you there unfortunately :(

Meanwhile, started my pacifist run on Lone Survivor, I have a feeling this will take a while to finish... still an interesting way to play it, hopefully I can get one of the better endings this go round (if I'm lucky with my save I can get both green and white) and just be left with the easiest ending to get (yellow ending) and all the food combo stuff which I'm hoping to mainly tick off on this playthrough (since they are tied to your character having high sanity, which is the way you get the better endings anyway).

15. Quikhax

Quikhax Member

Finally, giving some love to Borderlands 2 that my Vita came with and the controls don't seem as weird as the first time I tried it. Maybe playing Guacamelee! got me used to the way the Vita controls feel.

Still, I am having such a difficult time using the back touch screen! I got short fingers, I guess. I think if it's adjustable, I will switch the triangle with the back left touch for sprinting.

Game looks amazing though, I am so impressed! I can't wait to get Killzone now.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  16. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm nearing the end of Steins;Gate 0 - I think I've only got the final 'true' ending to get now. I'm really enjoying it, but it hasn't yet reached the heights of the first game.

I've also been dipping into Fl0w and Gravity Crash Ultra when I'm looking for a bit more interaction :)

Once that's done, I should try to finish Dragon Quest Builders (mid-way through Chapter 3) and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir....

Quikhax likes this.
  17. dunpeal2064

dunpeal2064 Active Member

Been playing a ton of Superbeat: Xonic lately. Thought I would aim for the platinum, but holy hell does this game get brutal. I've made it to the 13th area in World Tour, and hit the brick wall that is the "6 Eleven" mission. Up until now I had been playing with a combo of buttons/touchscreen, but I think I will have to relearn the game with just buttons to have a chance at passing this. Still an excellent game, one of the best rhythm games I have played, and may even be superior to DJ Max Technika Tune!

Had also been working on Trails of Cold Steel, but I think I may call it quits on that one for now. After over 10 hours in, just not really feeling it.

Since I put that down, I decided to load up Valkyrie Drive. Such a fun game, couldn't put it down yesterday, and played several hours at work tonight too. Feels like an improvement over the already fun Senran formula. Combat feels better, enemies feel drastically more interesting, and I like the smaller, more detailed cast over the mass of characters in Senran. Definitely surpassed my expectations. Only downside is that getting good ranks is too easy coming off of stuff like DMC/NG, but it doesn't really deter from the fun of beating the hell out of everything.

KaiserDragon likes this.
  18. shadowman

Got the Green, Yellow and White (best) endings in Lone Survivor tonight. I imagined the white ending would have been harder to get judging by the steps you had to take to keep your sanity up but its far more straight forward (and very fun). Definitely worth doing white and red ending runs to get two very different gameplay experiences. Now I've just got an expert mode run to do for the platinum and it'll be onto Steins;Gate.

19. GreenKoopa

GreenKoopa Well-Known Member

Played assasins creed 3 for a couple of hours. Terrible game. A glorified story, rather then a game.

Then played Jak Daxter for a couple of hours. Good potential, but a bad port. The camera angles ruined the game for me and had to give up.

Loaded up Freedom wars. Wow, amazing game. So far so good

20. eric

eric Well-Known Member

75% of my time - Darkest Dungeon:
    Currently I am obsessing over Darkest Dungeon. Actually I've been playing this one for about a month and a half ...I spend about 75% of my time playing this. It is a really challenging game. You have to take baby steps to advance in this one.

15% of my time - Stranded (A Mars Adventure):
    This is a simple side scroller set on the planet Mars. I really like this game, the simplicity and fact you can pick it up, play for 5 minutes then put it down is great. Its a nice break in-between Darkest Dungeon.

10% of my time - Uncharted:
    Yes, I know this one has been around forever ...yet finally got around to playing it. This game is a masterpiece, the visuals are STUNNING.

-------

shadowman likes this.
  21. shadowman

Chipping away at the "grim" difficulty on Dead Nation. Its ok, but enemies really feel like bullet sponges on this difficulty, still I've managed to get through the first 5 or so levels (only another 5 to go then!).

22. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

I've got the racing games on the go, MXGP, MUD, Moto GP. WRC 4, F1 2011, I've been playing them for about 6 months, I've just start on Rayman's Legends and next week i'm giving Minecraft a go. I'm also still dipping into Everybodys Golf occasionally. But mainly it's the racing games.

23. DojoDan

Killzone is a very good game. You'll enjoy it. Looks good too.

I should've bought my Vita, I'm sat in the dentists waiting for my mouth to go numb. One tooth extraction coming up.

24. DojoDan

25. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

I prefer MXGP of all the racing games, it's the most involved, you might not like the sounds of motor cross but it really is an excellent game and if you haven't picked it up I would certainly advise you try that before WRC. I play WRC 4 which I think is the best out of WRC 3 & 5, so people tell me although I haven't played WRC 3 & 5, it's ok better than F1 2011 and MOTO GP IMHO, but it's a bit of lonely experience, you are racing essentially against the clock on your own, the control system and courses are ok, not too bad actually, but it's nothing special, but again I spend most of my time on MXGP, say 70% of my time. WRC 4 is not a bad game, certainly worth a whizz if you can pick it up at the right price, just a bit of a lonely experience (you race on your own, the other racers are effectively on the clock), I can only take it in short bursts, but I keep going back regularly, more so than with F1 2011 and MOTO GP. As for MUD well it's essentially a poor mans MXGP.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017