Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I had a lot of interest in VD and when I finaly got it I was very happy... till I started.

Fighting system is good, story is very meh, and character roster is weak and to be fair I had a lot of fun with all 4 SK games (mostly with the Vita ones) and I still sometimes replay both SK games on the Vita and I platinum both, but VD is just plain boring to me after playing SK and maybe if I played them the other way around it would be better.

2. Kalvort

Kalvort Member

Played some Arcana Hearts Love 3 Max.... But couldn't get into it much and got bored. Played through story with each character but couldn't beat the final boss with each one... So I gave up!

Currently playing through story mode of For Honor and once that's done will start playing either:

Guacamelee or Velocity 2x on the Vita :)

3. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Darkest Dungeon
    I have been playing this game for way too long, I love it and I hate it. I love it because its incredibly awesome. I hate it because its so damn difficult. I can't put it down, yet when I do I vow to play a different game when I come back to my Vita. However everytime I turn my Vita on I say "just one quick game of Darkest Dungeon". -2 Hours later I am no better off. I hate the game, but I love it. The storyline in the game is about trying to piece together a mystery of a dungeon that exists under a manor you inherit from the previous owner who went mad. The joke is on us the player as playing this game slowly makes you go mad. Addicting, -like crack!

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  4. dunpeal2064

dunpeal2064 Active Member

Played through Ninja Senki DX, absolutely loved it. Simple but slick gameplay, appropriate length for its style, and extremely good design. I'll definitely be going back to this regularly and aiming for a no-death run.

Also have had about 3 sessions on Soldner X2 so far. Was hoping to be surprised by this one, but I kinda felt like it wasn't going to be too great going in, and while its slightly better than I imagined, it still overall feels pretty bad. Music is fantastic though!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  5. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

No death run is pretty possible, I'd recommend doing the perfect challenges on each level (on the challenge mode) first, this will let you learn the levels inside out. Its especially useful for the boss levels so that you can learn the patterns of the bosses really well. When I managed my no death run I managed to perfect the final boss! I can't do the score/time attack runs though, they require startling accuracy that I don't currently possess (no death mode is way easier in comparison!)

6. Findad

Findad Member

I know I'm very late to the party but just discovered little big planet on my 'sons' vita! Done about four hours over the last two evenings it's so clever/addictive can't stop playing! Got it off eBay before Christmas for less than £3

Whimsical Red likes this.
  7. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it! It was one of the first games I bought for the Vita (even before I bought the machine) and I still haven't played it!! I'm definitely going to install it tonight. I'm trying to play one game per night that I haven't played yet, just so they're not sitting there.

8. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Still playing The Unfinished Swan & I really do love it indeed. Would thoroughly enjoy having a physical version of it on my shelf.

9. Whimsical Red

Whimsical Red Member

I forgot how much I adored Sound Shapes and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Can anyone recommend any good community levels for the former?

10. Findad

Findad Member

Hope you enjoy it

11. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Gotten further into Steins Gate. The story continues to intrigue me and has taken another interesting turn. I definitely can't wait to see where it goes next!

12. Mr Tornado

Completed The Unfinished Swan. Wow, what a superb game indeed. Now playing Soldner, which my brain is not enjoying. o_O

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  13. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Turn your brain off. It distracts from mindless entertainment. :D

14. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Woohoo , finally finished Axiom Verge today , loved it loved it loved it. Cannot wait to put a physical copy in my collection :)

dunpeal2064 likes this.
  15. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Finished Xeodrifter . Cool but really short and easy Game :D
    Playing now Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom after some year again. Also Playing Deemo. Im Only Missing the Stupid Multiplayer Trophys.... But it has an awesome Soundtrack!

Also Played Volume. Finished it now 2 Times and i dont get the Stupid Trophy for reading all text files... Its the only trophy that im missing in this game -.- Anybody who played Volume had the same problem?

16. Adam Anouer

Adam Anouer Well-Known Member

I decided to pick up Yomawari again. Firstly for a bit of a retrospective also to play Hotl NikQ which I never finished when I first played it to see how both held up and I'm very happy to say I really had a great time playing both games but I picked up on a few more points I didn't mention last time.

Firstly the presentation for both is gorgeous and the 2D pop art design really compliments the story telling nature of games like this which are clearly inspired by the likes of RPG Maker horror games and Earthbound. The enemy design and animation in both games looks amazing and fitting within their respective worlds. I definitely can't accuse Nippon Ichi of not making an effort with either as it has the kind of polish I don't think you could get using only RPG maker.

In terms of story Yomawari is incredibly powerful and even though you may not understand all of it, the game does such an amazing job making you care about it's main character guiding her to safety and hoping that she can find what she's looking for. The game has really intricate world building too which has secrets and nick nack's all over the place telling you what might've happened in this town but if you want to play it just for the main story you can totally do that too. HotL NikQ on the other hand is all about fragmented story telling and unlike Yomawari the game wants you to find all the small pieces to put together Malon's story and it's a really emotional one when all of it comes together.

In terms of controls Yomawari's are absolutely straight forward and easy to follow whereas HotL NikQ has an array of options from using the touch screen which I immediately turned off so I could use the opposing analogue sticks instead. Those with a gorgeous touch needn't worry about finger prints.

In terms of game-play both games have elements of puzzle solving which involves a fair amount of trial and error, well actually an exceptional amount of trial and error, well actually let's just say if both these games had a tag line it would be "If at first you don't succeed! Die, Die, Die again". In HotL NikQ's case it's a result of some incredibly strict movement and timing throughout many of the obstacles in the game however in HotL NikQ's case dying is pretty much the point of the game and learning how to move forward. In Yomawari's case it'll very often be because you have absolutely no idea how a lot of these enemies work and in some cases (specifically Chapter V in the Warehouse) you could argue it borders on unfair so if you're going to play the game I'd highly recommend reading the digital guide to look up on enemy behaviours though it won't tell you where the enemies are they should at least be easier to avoid if you come across them.

After having played both I can say both games are absolutely worth checking out especially if you love abstract world building and story telling of games like Yume Nikki and the like but if you really want to go for 100% platinum be ready to have your patience tested and tempered because neither game pulls any punches when going for 100% completion.

17. Northstar

Northstar New Member

Currently finishing Broken Sword5, a fantastic adventure game. I loved the originals back in the day and this one goes back to the beautiful 2d graphics, thrilling-incredible well crafted story, and great sense of humor. Puzzles were hard as hell though, or maybe I'm getting more impatient while agingo_O

I am also playing Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend. It's a really awesome looking game on Vita. I love the new carachters, specially Celica. I previously played Continuum Shift Extend, and I think they improved the controls on this one, because special attacks are easier to do. So, I'm really grateful for that.

18. Vita_Girl

I played the physical version of Best of Arcade...

PLEASE NO MORE!!

*back to dragon quest builders*

19. MantonX2

MantonX2 Active Member

Oh man ... I now have a lot of games for my Vita, but I can't get to playing them because Toukiden Kiwami is apparently like liquid crack to me. I could have finished the offline story mode a while ago, but everytime I think about doing it I decide that what I really need to do is get that other piece of armor or weapon.

"Hey, let me finish this thing ..... oh yea! I wanted to check out those Bullhead Knives .... let me go grind to get those ..... oh, and I gotta make a helmet for my Hell Garb armor set .. yea ... gotta do that."

Once I do pull myself away, trying to decide what I want to play next. Wanna do a different genre before I jump back in and play Soul Sacrifice .. maybe "Aegis of Earth" or "Darkest Dungeon". But at this rate, it'll be sometime in 2019 that I'll get to them. :D

20. Mr Tornado

Actual Sunlight. Just reached the end credits. Yikes. :(

21. Vita_Girl

Great game to quickly get 100% trophies.

22. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying Forma.8 - it's got the balance between puzzles and exploration about spot on. The story is very light, but there's some stuff which hints towards something meaningful...

Once done, I'll finish off chapter 4 of Dragon Quest Builders

23. Demorates

Demorates Member

Playing the first Danganronpa. And i really enjoy the crazy story!

24. Adam Anouer

So I started playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss and you know what? It's actually a really solid game bar 1 or 2 issue's.

Firstly I'll comment on the games performance it runs at a sub-native resolution but it does appear to have some difficulty hitting the 30 FPS usually bordering in the mid 20's but to it's credit it never dropped much lower or went much higher than that for me so all things considered it wasn't unstable or inconsistent experience which is a really good thing. Nate's response to controller input was very solid and I never had any problem using him in combat scenes or for navigation through the beautiful stages in game.

Ultimately the most divisive thing about this game is it's use of the Vita's features some of which are fantastic and can really add to the immersion, Holding the Vita up to a light to help decipher a map for example is a really satisfying way too solve a puzzle and move forward however when you take things such as the gyroscope and implement it into action or navigation scenes that's when things get kind of sloppy. I don't like the quick time events in the original Uncharted series and the use of the touch screen and gyroscope in this game only extenuates that issue (see final boss fight for example) leading to an annoying amount of trial and error.

The story for this game definitely feels like an Uncharted game but while the main games feel like they'd be an epic movie, Golden Abyss feels more like an episode of the TV series with the same kind of quality but not quite the same climax. The presentation for the game is fantastic and it's probably my favourite soundtrack on PS Vita to date one always worth remembering.

25. Adam Anouer

So I started playing Disney Infinity 2.0... and I stopped playing it 15 minutes later.

This is without a doubt the worst port of any game on the Vita. It has MASSIVE amounts of screen tearing and can barely hold a double figure frame rate. It is borderline unplayable no matter what play set you used. I find it hard to believe this cost £40 on release and people were paying $60 for the Spidey figure a lone at one point. Folks if you want to buy your kids a Marvel game with polish and love buy Lego Marvel Avengers it's more than this could ever be.