Official Topic What Game(s) Are You Currently Playing on the Vita?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Trent, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

Hey everyone! Currently I'm playing Code Realize, just finished Impey's route! Also I started playing Wand of Fortune R and I'm still playing FFX-2 ^^

2. eric

eric Well-Known Member

I avoided many of the initial Vita launch games because most got such negative reviews. However I am discovering that many are actually great games that don't deserve (in my opinion) such negative reviews. My latest that I avoided as it was always in the bargain bin and/or used for like $5 at GameStop is Hot Shots Golf. I picked up a used copy for $6 (case + game are in excellent shape). The game is pretty darn fun and the graphics are really nice. I played this game quite a bit on the PSP and the Vita is even better w/ the ability to play against others online. W/ online you basically play the 18-hole round and your scores go on a weekly leaderboard. Right now I am not ranked so high, but give me time!! :)

3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Been playing Sky Force all day on my Vita, its a really great, addictive shoot em up game. Only issue I have is when the game throws lots of stuff at you, it can cause hitches in the frame rate, and with the precision required for certain sections these hitches can ruin a run. I did manage to get 100 medals in the game which was tougher than expected, the later levels (6 and up) took several tries to nail down certain challenges... Just 1 trophy left and that's to get the few cards I'm short, but I hate random collectables so I might just forgo going after that trophy.

4. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Finished Dragon Quest Builders - finally!

Time to head back to Odin Sphere Leifthrasir to play through as the 2nd character, although I'll definitely be getting Salt & Sanctuary when it's out this week :)

FearlessSasuke and zodaex like this.
  5. shadowman

Back to Steins Gate. Chapter 8 now, and things are getting even more interesting. I'll actually be sad to see this game end, the story has been one big rollercoaster ride that's gotten more and more wild as I play. Really pleased that I at least have Steins Gate 0 to play afterwards to get another fix of the series!

FearlessSasuke, Flying_Pig and Simmi like this.
  6. VINNIE GANESH

VINNIE GANESH Well-Known Member

I spent 104 weeks in game to beat the final Darkest dungeons & all the bosses on Champion level. You have to spend a lot of time & money to level up your heroes, remove their negative traits etc. The heroes I used most were Hellion, Houndmaster, Crusader, Man At Arms, Plague Doctor & Occultist since you get stress recovery & a lot of damage dealing.

FearlessSasuke likes this.
  7. KingJoonToon

KingJoonToon Member

PSN ID:
    KingJoonToon
    Playing some Don't Starve at the moment. Forgot it was cross buy.

Also doing some Minecraft aswell. Quick question, tempted by Killzone only being £5, hows the community in it for online? Still easy to get in a match?

8. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Killzone still has a pretty active multiplayer community. Most of the folks I run into speak Brazilian Portuguese buy far, however they are very welcoming and friendly.

9. shadowman

Spent the last hour or two playing Severed. I'm liking it. A lot. I love the art style and especially the combat. The touch based combat actually makes the battles more fun, since each enemy fights in a very different way and has different attack patterns and weaknesses, the music is also really nice and the exploration has proved very fun so far with some nice ambience and graphical touches. Not sure how this compares to other DRPG's, the only other one I've played is Ray Gigant and that sucked compared to this (bar boss design), this is just far more fun and far less repetitive.

FearlessSasuke and Flying_Pig like this.
  10. shadowman

Also been playing a lot of Crypt of the Necrodancer. Its a Roguelike game like Isaac or Spelunky, so its unpredictable in which bosses and level layouts you get (as well as what items you get), its got an interesting combat system - you get various weapons that vary in range and damage so I always have to handle combat (and some bosses) in very different ways. Also, the entire multiplier system requires you to move (and attack) to the beat of the music, which is a really interesting and unique design idea for a game. It makes it really fun, and different compared to pretty much any other game out there. Oh, and the bosses are really cool as well! Its also bastard hard! So any chance of me finishing the game seems slim (even slimmer than BoI).

FearlessSasuke and zodaex like this.
  11. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

shadowman

i can only recommend Severed as well. Played it a half year ago and got the Platinum trophy. Ist very unique, got a good soundtrack and the story is also ok :D

For me im Playing Dragon Quest Builders right now. Halfway of the Trophies and in Chapter 3 (of 4). And the Second game im Playing is Unit 13. Got some heavy trophy bugs which are really annoying. Cant get the Cloud Nine trophy for killing all the High Value Targets...

12. VitaBoy

VitaBoy Active Member

Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Fun fact: My friend who happens to know someone who owned a Vita gave him this cartridge back 2011, my friend doesn't own a Vita and it's been sitting there for like 5 years in the cabinet, he gave me the catridge with low expectation because we thought the catridge will no longer work then but tested it 5 days ago and man it is still working like a charm. lol

I'm currently in Chapter 3, trying to get all the collectibles and mysteries.

13. KingJoonToon

KingJoonToon Member

PSN ID:
    KingJoonToon
    Just bought Killzone Mercenary and Resistance: Burning Skies for less than £10 for both! Good sale on the store at the moment.

Just have to sort out a memory card now. Might go 16gb unless I can find a decent price for 32gb

14. QiMu

QiMu New Member

Ys Memories of Celceta and Yomawari Night Alone. Both games are very addictive.

And recently i bought Root Letter because the price is getting higher and higher... So better buy now than later lol.

15. shadowman

Managed to find all the items and areas in Severed. Now all I've got left is to do is beat the last boss. My only annoyance with the game is that there are some optional battles which require you to fight a really powerful enemy in mid air (so you have a strict time limit). Doesn't help that the controls aren't perfectly precise since I'll be doing low damage swipes instead of the larger more damaging strikes making the battle impossible. Managed to beat the two bastard hard fights though so I'm good! Though I doubt the final boss will be as tough as those battles were (unless the game gets an insane difficulty spike at the 11 hour!).

Also got almost all the endings no Steins Gate now. I'm still short the good ending, I really can't wait to see what its like as the last ending I got was still pretty bittersweet!

16. Tuumis

Tuumis Subscribe to my YouTube!

Playing Salt and Sanctuary, with PSTV + DualShock 3. However, using items is a pain, since it's done by using touchscreen. Really hope they will add an option to change it to L2/R2. Anyway, here's some of my first gameplay of S&S:

17. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Active Member

Exile's End and Hot Shots Golf World Invitational

18. Simmi

Simmi Otome Enthusiast

Playing Persona 4 Dancing All Night for the first time tonight! I'm loving it so much it makes me want to pick up Persona 4 golden again ^^

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  19. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I'm approaching the end of Cornelius' story on Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - goodness me, the combat in this game is perfect!

I think I'll play Salt & Sanctuary next, before returning for the 3rd character :)

Not to forget Full Throttle Remastered on the 18th April \o/

20. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 -

Trying to beat Arcade on very hard was starting to get to me.....till I found a cheap tactic with Dr Doom and Hawkeye's help then it was very easy to cheese, those missions are going to be rough.

21. shadowman

Good luck with the missions. Its one of the only trophies I never got on the game (that and the 8 player lobby). Even if you had the DLC characters you still need to do roughly 8/10 missions per character, and some are insanely tough/tight timing wise. 91% trophy completion is much better than I deserve on that game so I'm happy! I do love the port though, just for the fact that it plays perfectly (in my opinion) in terms of looks, sound, controls and gameplay. This game on the go is still perhaps more impressive than any other handheld game I've ever played.

Anyway, I'm at the end of the last ending on Steins Gate now. I was hoping to finish it yesterday but I got distracted, and the final ending is really substantial so its taking longer than expected to read through. Amazing game :)

22. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Can't seem to settle on just one game lately, so I've been trying out:

Magic Planet Snack Deluxe
    Life of Pixel
    TorqueL
    Ninja Senki DX

And finally, Klonoa.

23. shadowman

Klonoa is an amazing game, I'd recommend sticking with that. I loved Ninja Senki DX as well. TorqueL I did not like one bit though, the controls were something I just couldn't get on with, far more hassle than the game was worth. I might go back to it one day, but I have too many games to play right now to waste time with games that annoy me!

24. shadowman

Two games finished tonight - Steins Gate and Severed. Finally got all the endings on Steins Gate, its a great game and does a time travel plot way better than most games/TV shows in my opinion. It has decent character development as the game ticks along as well plus each ending is great in its own way. Definitely will be playing through 0 in the near future. I've only one trophy left and that's for getting all the CG's. I think I'm only 1 or 2 short so I'll take a look into what I most likely missed this week to plat the game. Not sure exactly what I'll focus on next - probably Day of the Tentacle and Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero (at least I've no shortage of Vita games to play!)

Severed is also ace, its final boss really isn't too bad once you get the timing of its attacks down and its a darn fun battle at that. I ended up fighting it twice because I felt my first victory wasn't all that great (I missed almost all the parries in the final phase) so I redid the fight and did much better the second time through! The combat was excellent and the enemies/bosses were nice and diverse. A great indie title that is well worth your time playing (and its an easy platinum!).

shirokuro and FearlessSasuke like this.
  25. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Congratz for Plat Severed shadowman

Finally got the Platinum in Dragon Quest Builders. Its really an awesome game and i had so much fun with it :D Now i have 99 Platinum trophys. Now im Playing Resident Evil Revelations 2 again and it will hopefully my 100th Plat :D

shirokuro, Simmi and shadowman like this.