What happens when Sony pulls the plug?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by warwolf, Nov 30, 2018.

1. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

Will I keep my PS Plus games? Will the store work? Only a few months left now. :(

SONY likes this.
  2. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Sad times :(

3. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

The 'pulling the plug' of the cartridges is really just that: we will not see any new cartridges anymore. Pulling the plug of the store/PS+ games (still) hasn't been announced (yet).

4. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

PSN will likely be around for many years to come. Bare in mind the PS3 hasn't had any new games for a few years now, yet PSN is still alive and kicking for that. Heck, you can still get free PS3 games via PS+ for a few more months now, right? The vita will continue to have PSN so long as they're making money from the place, which I'm sure they will for a fair few years from now. And I'm pretty sure that even Sony know that there would be a shitstorm from Vita owners if they were to shut down services any time soon.

warwolf and DojoDan like this.
  5. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Simple explanation:

PS Plus: last Vita and PS3 games in march next year worldwide, you keep your stuff as long you have Plus (same rules like now and the last few years).

Physical cartridges: no new physical games in the west (aside from old prints from before that date) starting from somewhere in march next year, asia and Japan will still get physical games (probably till 2020 but that's what I asume)

PSN: will keep working, considering you still can buy (via website) PSP games and redownload them I doubt Sony pulls the plug for Vita (and PS3) soon.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    warwolf and TheAtom like this.
  6. warwolf

warwolf Active Member

Ok I hope so. Good to hear anyway :)

7. geralds

geralds Member

This is gonna happen eventually we all have to accept it. Its a matter of when not iff. Even if we can still downloading games stuff like trophies will he 100% un earnable due to the fact we cant connect to psn. I personally think vita will shutdown long before ps3. Ps3 was more popular.

8. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Viva la Vita!!

9. TheAtom

geralds you'd be surprised how popular the Vita is for trophy hunters. There's a good chunk of quick-plat games that have separate trophy listings for the Vita. Especially trophies I can imagine will last a while.

10. Vita_Girl

I doubt it, if they pull the plug then from both systems at the same time.

I wouldn't call the PS3 a succes or a fail, it sold poorly for the first few years and in the end the sales ended on par with the X360, not to mention the PSP was as popular as the PS3 essentialy.

PS3 is old and Vita failed, pretty sure they shutdown both together at the same time if they ever do that.

SONY likes this.
  11. geralds

geralds Member

You can't act like this won't happen it will sony shuts down game severs all the time. They shut down the psp, nintendo shut down stuff like wii and wii u. Unless hour digital purchases transfer to another system oncw our vita dies or memory card dies everything is lost. It happened with the wii, wii u and original xbox these wont stay online forever. By the timw they do shut them down little to no one is gonna care. Even if pur purchases transfer trophies will be 100% unobtainable there no reason to keep this online of next to no one plays said system. We care but we are rhe minority.

12. Vita_Girl

It looks like your reaction is merged on basis on what I said and The Atom because I didn't say anything about trophies...

And like expected your didn't read what I said, again.

In short I only said they won't close PS Vita servers on their own but will close Vita and PS3 PSN servers together at the same, Vita because it failed and PS3 because it's old.

I never said they won't close them, but again that when they do it they will do it at the same time just like with the stop of new PS Plus games starting from march on Vita AND PS3.

And please, read the comments carefully before you react next time because this is not the first time you misunderstood a comment for whatever reason, I don't mind explaining stuff twice (or even 3 times) but I don't like to do it often especially if someone puts words into my mouth that I never said.

TheAtom and SONY like this.
  13. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

^ I 100% agree!

14. TheAtom

^ I 100% agree with the 100% agreement. :D

I think we all know they'll shut it down at some point. The PS4 will be shut down at some point as well. It's how things go. :)