What PlayStation 4 title are you most excited for?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Murphy, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Shadow of the Colossus was always nailed on as a day-1 purchase, however the EG review has really make me excited for the game. It sounds like BluePoint have delivered exactly what I'd hoped for - a stunning graphical update (1080p/60!!) and a few tweaks to the underlying game, but still retaining the feel and 'soul' of the original.

Can't wait!

AllHasRed likes this.
  2. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

This game has always flown under my radar. Knew of its existence and the universal praise people had for it, but never experienced it for myself. But yesterday the Digital Foundry video (also embedded in Eurogamer's review I see) showed up in my Youtube recommendations and had my jaw on the floor for the whole duration. That is the best looking PS4 game I've ever seen bar none, and it shot to the top of my must-buy/must-play list immediately!

Flying_Pig likes this.
  3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I'll be getting SOTC as well. Its release has crept up on me, can't wait to replay it next week.

In terms of other releases - this year will bring us God of War (already pre ordered with time booked off!), Spider Man (huge fan of the character, can't wait) and Fist of the North Star (its basically a Yakuza game in a FOTNS skin. Sold).

4. Flying_Pig

If you've never played SotC before, you're in for a real treat - it was a phenomenal game on the PS2, and by all accounts, the PS4 version has been enhanced in every way. Recommended without hesitation.

AllHasRed likes this.
  5. Flying_Pig

Pata and DojoDan like this.
  6. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. From what has been said, it looks like the Motorstorm for the new generation, and Pacific Rift is one of the games I loved back on the PS3 era.

Can't wait to see more gameplay of it.

7. Flying_Pig

Well it is by the former Evo Studios team (now at Codemasters) who made MotorStorm, and my beloved DriveClub!

Pata likes this.
  8. shadowman

Onrush is probably a day 1 purchase for me. It being an arcadey racer by the Driveclub team is a strong purchase for me. Just don't know if I'll have time to play it day 1.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  9. Reidzer 1314

Reidzer 1314 New Member

All of a sudden I am getting really excited for the new God of War.

It was on my list of games to buy but my excitement level for it has increased the past week or so.

Flying_Pig and shadowman like this.
  10. Flying_Pig

Surprisingly, there isn't much on the horizon which I'd consider to be 'must buy' at the moment - I mean, OnRush and God of War both look amazing, but not so much to make me drop £45 on them day-1. Equally, Detroit Become Human looks interesting and I've enjoyed both Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, but it's more of a 'wait and see' for me...

Further out - Days Gone looks like it's got loads of potential, The Last of Us 2 will almost certainly be incredible and Red Dead Redemption will be cool, but I'm keen to see what else Sony will be showing at E3. And there'll probably be something which comes out of left field which will grab my attention.

Still, it's not an issue for now - I've still got Shadow of the Colossus and Uncharted: Lost Legacy unplayed, along with Rime and Bloodborne plus I need to finish Fallout 4, Minecraft Story Mode and The Talos Principle.

:)

11. Flying_Pig

Wow - the reviews for God of War are incredible.

I want it now....

12. shadowman

Thankfully I have a playthrough on Fist of the North Star to finish, but yeah. Looks amazing. GOW and Yakuza 6 in one week, so good!

13. Flying_Pig

So despite being underwhelmed by the ONRUSH beta, the reviews are generally positive, which is nice to see. It's not what I was hoping for, but at least Codemasters and trying something different.

I'm eagerly waiting to see what pops out of E3, as otherwise my list of anticipated future releases is looking pretty thin. I mean Fallout 76 could be good, but I'm not really into online gaming...

14. Andreas Stalin

Andreas Stalin Well-Known Member

Now I’m actually quite hyped for Code Vein, it looks promising at least.

Edit. Watched that new trailer once more and it looks a bit messy or busy and I’m not quite sure what to expect from it. It could go both ways being either brilliant or a turkey, we’ll see, hopefully it doesn’t turn out being mediocre 7 out of 10 stuff.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  15. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Sonic Racing seems to be up for preorder. Only just seen it today might be old news tho. Reminds me I think I still need Racing Transformed on the Vita .

16. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

17. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

How wierd! Bit much tho.

18. 3VOLVE

3VOLVE PSN ID: Dusean17

I can't pick one:
    - God Eater 3
    - Soul Calibur VI
    - Spyro: Re-ignited Triology
    - Phantasy Star Game that is purely just a dream at this point

JESUS CHRIST SEGA!!!

19. shadowman

Sega is all about Yakuza at the moment ;)

Speaking of which, my newest most wanted PS4 games are unsurprisingly:
    Ryu Ga Gotoku 3, 4 and 5 remasters which are confirmed to be coming. Can't wait to import them all.

20. Flying_Pig

Some interesting stuff from E3 so far, albeit nothing which really screams 'BUY ME'

The Last of Us 2 - looks brilliant as always
    Death Stranding - could be really good, but after watching all of the videos, it's still not clear what it's all about...
    Ghost of Tsushima - could be brilliant. The latest trailer is ace, but it's not clear how complex the combat is
    Fallout 76 - I love Fallout, but don't go in for much online multiplayer. I know it's been said that you can play the game solo, but the trailer didn't convince me that it really was a viable option

21. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

Yakuza Kiwami 2
    Yakuza 3, 4, 5 remasters
    Hokuto ga Gotoku