What PS Vita Game Do You Regret Buying and Why?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Axeru777, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Axeru777

Axeru777 Member

Disney Infinity 2.0

This is the only Vita game that gave me a headache while playing because of the framerate. I tolerated Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Borderlands 2's horrendous framerate, I even played the latter for more than 100 hours. But Disney Infinity 2.0's framerate is so bad. It's the worst of them all. I really want to enjoy and finish this game but I can't because of the headache it gives me. Damn, this was also the most expensive Vita game i bought.

2. legalalien

legalalien Member

Almost every port of a PS3 game has serious framerate issues on Vita. A game what really sucks in my opinion is Dead or Alive - Xtreme 3 on Vita. The fast paced volleyball game suffers under bad responsiveness on the handheld, caused by inconsistent framerate. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Gal Gun aren´t good either. The gameplay is fine, but the endless loading kills almost every fun. It reminds me of the later PS1 games.

3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Only Vita game I really regret getting and putting any time into is Malicious Rebirth. The game was supposed to be an improvement over the PS3 version but it still has a bloody awful camera that pretty much kills the game outright. The actual boss fights aren't all that great either thanks to the rubbish lockon. I've been meaning to go back to it for months but just can't myself to play it.

Marvel 3 is a great game though. Can't recall load times being annoying like Gal Gun and it plays flawlessly which is impressive considering I expected the controls to take a hit. Pretty much my favourite Vita game, if only the online mode wasn't full of rage quitters...

4. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I have played DoAX3 and that issue is also on the PS4, it is the game it's fault not the Vita's.

(btw learning to play that game and using proper timings helps a lot)

Same with UMvC3, loading times are fine and the game runs in fights 60fps 99% of the time.

Gal-Gun is a different story but the framerate is okay.

To be fair, people complain about certain Vita games their framerate and loading times but all consoles suffer from that problem, the last system I know that didn't have those issues was the DS...

But back on topic, in my case the game I hate and regret buying is Best of Arcade, that game has the most bare bone content ever in a physical Vita game and to make it even worse the content is shit too.

I bought it cheap purely for the collection, but at launch they asked €40 for that crap.

Also I regret buying Fifa games on my Vita, the games run fine, are good and I didn't pay much for them but I suck at soccer and don't understand the whole gameplay of Fifa games, I regret buying them because I can't have any fun playing them at all.

(but in the end as a Vita gamer and collector I would buy those games anyway)

5. 3VOLVE

3VOLVE Well-Known Member

Senran. That game is absolute trash. Horrible controls, Story is absolutely terrible and Characters are generic anime waifu bitches. You literally play that game for anything but the experience. You just fap to it and I was sorely disappointed. Fking Japan.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  6. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Would be hard for me as a girl to "fap" while playing that game...

Jokes aside I know a lot of people playing that game (mostly on PC) and from what I hear there are 2 groups of people with that game, men and women and in case of men that's also split in 2 groups.

Let's start with the easier one, the women which funny enough don't give a shit about that 5% ecchi part of the game, they read the story and like me they say that the story has some good moments but it doesn't take itself seriously.

Combat is good and the most funny part is, women are more positive about the game because they don't care about that ecchi part because it's fake, maybe that's why women enjoy the game more.

I don't count feminists because those complained about Deep Crimson 2... (with some even saying the game has sex scenes with men...)

Combat of Senran Kagura games is ok, I have played games that had worse camera/controls and combat system and those were big titles (kuch Sonic 3d games for example kuch).

Male group is the funny one, most men I know playing any of the Senran Kagura games do (mostly) 2 things, they only care about the 5% ecchi part or/and they make from that 5% a 100% even if it's still 5% and they don't read the story or read it quickly without understanding.

Problem with Senran Kagura games (except Estival Versus) is that the combination of ecchi and serious story doesn't work, you will focus on 1 of the 2 things and in most cases people (in this case mostly the male group) will focus on that un-important 5%.

Why? Because that 5% grabs the most attention of the player, way more than the story does and thus people don't care about the story.

Then the other part of the male group is the same like the whole female one, the one that don't care about that 5% at all.

I do not want to discriminate anyone, but it looks like women just don't care about ecchiness in games and don't see it or just ignore it, not only with Senran Kagura games but with most of this type of games from japan.

I looks like men do care more about it and in some cases criticise it like they just don't see the rest of (in this case) the game, I saw that in a lot of reviews too about this type of games were they skip everything and keep complain about 1 thing they don't like and base the whole score on that single part.

That just something I concluded because in the last 2 years that I have my Vita I saw mostly many men complain about such stuff, I wanted to know what women thought about it because most of the time they don't react and it seems they don't because they just don't care about that.

Funny how big the difference is on certain points between women and men, but what I said is not only about the Vita and Senran Kagura games, it's about all games that look like it on all platforms.

(or maybe I just live in a different world lol)

P.S. also opinions do differ

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    shadowman likes this.
  7. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

Lost Dimension

Bought this full price, day one, and within only a few hours I was completely sick of it. The concept of finding a traitor within your midst had intrigued me, and the game looked to be in the same vein as Valkyria Chronicles in terms of combat. Then I played it, thought the story and characters were terrible, the combat mediocre, the visuals and music drab and uninspired, and the lauded traitor system to be horribly implemented. I know some of you on this forum liked the game, and that's just fine. But I couldn't stand it.

(Dis)Honourable mentions:

Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness (I even bought the expensive special edition)
    Retro City Rampage
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

8. Kyle

Kyle Editor-in-Chief Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

Those games are just not for me. Fuck stealth. :p

Miah likes this.
  9. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Out of interest, what did you find problem with in the last 2 mentioned there?

10. Ficta_Scriptor

With Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath I personally found the main character uninteresting and borderline intolerable, the combat clunky, the level design drab, and the general aesthetic to be far, far below that of the previous Oddworld games, which dripped with style and artistic brilliance.

With Retro City Rampage, I thought the game lacked variety for what was attempting to be am 8 bit GTA-esque experience, didn't enjoy the standard gunplay, and it didn't grip me or give much incentive to keep playing.

With that in mind, I have nothing against those who liked those games. Heck, I know the both of them are well loved by many, and that's fine. But I just couldn't get on with them and gave up after just a few hours.

DojoDan likes this.
  11. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Of course opinions differ but wow... I guess I really do see a very different audience as a part of a Senran Kagura forum filled male and female fans that love it for more than the 5%.

Estival Versus is the worst game of all of them because it Was a full fledged action game, and only at the very end did the story and character development really pick up. On the other hand, Burst on the 3DS had me in tears at a certain moment, Deep Crimson 2, the 3DS sequel, boasted a much more serious story in general, the best fighting mechanics the series has seen to date with a really fun and innovative tag system and the option to turn costume break sequences off to smoothen up the fighting gameplay.

Shinovi Versus at least has a faster paced gameplay than EV, due to a decreased/cancelable recovery time. As for story and characters... The story was nice, but I personally thought the 4 different timeline thing was awesome, giving a new perspective and a new way to approach the same issues with every time you play. Each character (except for Gessen's) has its own reasons and purpose in fighting and each character has more going for it than can the immediately visible trope. This EV lacked most, by adding in a bunch of new characters without even giving the previously added new characters enough time to flesh out more, even reducing most to Less interesting characters than they originally were... Bon Appétit on the other hand was silly comedy gold. EB's pretense of seriousness killed it for me.

Also, I guess girls can't technically fap but I've definitely come across girls that enjoy it for nothing else than boobs.

I guess we're largely on the same page but EV as the one that struck the balance best is a statement that calls my inner fan out... It was a chore for me to get through mostly but I really enjoyed the final parts...

If more people would have played the 3DS games or at least Shinovi Versus, of course, whilst actually reading the story, I'm sure many people's opinions would be different...

But I guess some people also prefer it to be contentless boobie games because it's easier to digest.

Ficta_Scriptor you played Estival Versus, or Shinovi Versus?

Edit: on topic: Freedom Wars. At some point it forces you to do multiplayer because it's not doable by yourself and I didn't like that much... Put in a lot of hours before continuously failing a 30 minute mission... That was frustrating.

12. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I regret buying many games - probably just Xonic Super Beats, as it's meant to be mega hard. I always love the sound of the genre, but really struggle with it - heck - even P4DAN was hard enough for me. As such, I'll probably never play it...

And in the same way I regret buying Mystery Chronicles: One Way Heroics. Quite expensive from LRG for a game I'll probably never get around to playing...

13. Ficta_Scriptor

Nope, never played any of the Senran Kagura games. Not really a fan of that level of fan-service. (Dungeon Travelers 2 doesn't count, I swear! XD)

As for Freedom Wars I actually adored that game. Enjoyed it way, way more than I thought I would.

Aw man... I love Superbeat Xonic! Probably my favourite ever rhythm game. A shame you don't like it, but I guess that's what this thread goes to show; we all like different things.

14. Lando452

Lando452 Member

For some reason I cannot get into Child of Light, don't get me wrong its a gorgeous game but its just not my cup of tea I guess, so I will probably trade it.

15. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones RJ369

God!!! I had Burst out laughing at this reply here!! Hilarious response

16. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I regret buying Runner 2 for Vita because it's packaging claims that the game is PS-TV compatible, but when I tried to play it I got the "This game is not compatible" message. I kind of feel lied to.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  17. Kenza

Kenza Member

Silent Hill: Book of Memories - I didn't expect much out of it and it was even less than that, after 3 hours of being bored i gave up.

18. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Ficta_Scriptor, sorry about that! Totally copy/pasted the wrong username there! As for Freedom Wars, I did as well but I probably just lack the skill to solo the game leaving me frustrated... :(

3VOLVE, the question is actually for you! Was the Senran game you played Estival Versus?

19. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

I regret paying too high a price for a few games. I got a Need for Speed game for about £8 in a sale, and felt cheated even at that price.

I think I paid £20 for a digital Muramasa Demon's Sword, which was around £5-10 more than I should have paid.

I've still some new & sealed games I'm selling which I regret buying as I probably won't be able to sell em off without making a loss.

Bad Vita games... yeah, a few out there, but I didn't spend enough on them to worry so much. Spyhunter was a crappy title, but only got for about £2-3 so, whatever...

20. Splodem

Splodem Member

Atelier shallie, only because I was under the impression that it was only available as an LE here in America. Then once it released I found tons of NA copies for anywhere from $30-40 online. Oh well, happy to have it regardless.

21. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones RJ369

HOLY CRAP! Dude, could you snap a shot? I'm dying to see it with my own eyes! That's insane!...of the case I mean.

22. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Runner-2-43...689193?hash=item1c8bb092a9:g:eBUAAOSwMvtZRmWk

Zoom into picture number 2 (the back cover) on this eBay listing. It does seem like the right thing for Limited Run Games to do in this case is pay Sony to certify the game for PS-TV. They are the publisher after all and a game that they published touts PS-TV compatibility as a feature right on the box. If you sell a product and claim it plays in a specific system then it should.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    TheAtom likes this.
  23. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Lumo physical, played for 5-10 mins (1-2 mins actual playtime) rest of the time was wasted on god awful load times, then the game froze.....

24. 3VOLVE

3VOLVE Well-Known Member

Yeah it was. I guess controls would be better on PS4.

25. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Its got one particularly bad glitch where it freezes and you have to minimise the game (i.e. go back to the Vita dashboard) then go back into the game. I thought the game had outright crashed when I got to that point. Plus it has loads of glitched trophies. Pity, as there is a good game under there somewhere, the PS4 version is leagues better technically though it still has some issues - mainly with depth perception and camera angles.