What would you like to see in the next firmware?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Kyle, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    What new features, bug fixes or other additions/changes would you like to see in the next firmware?

Personally, I'd love to see some DLNA functionality (media streaming) added, as it should simply be a matter of software and I'm not a fan of the current streaming methods. I'd also like to see them up the 100 bubble limit and allow you to hide unused bubbles.

The low-battery notifications also need to occur either a) more than once, or b) with more prominence - as I bet I've only noticed it once out of the (probably) 500x it's shown up on screen since I got my Vita. I get too engrossed in the game and the poor method of low-battery notification has pulled me abruptly out of games WAY too many times (especially multiplayer online games).

Also, I'd like them to move the account information from the Vita to the memory card, as then we'd be able to more easily switch accounts.

What would you like to see?

2. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Screenshots for PlayStation Classics and PlayStation Portable games. I hate searching through Google Images every time I write articles and reviews on other sites for PSP and PS1 games and have to hassle through other sites' images when I could just take screenshots on the Vita, like I can for Vita and PS Mobile titles.

APA and Kyle like this.
  3. hunterslasher13

hunterslasher13 Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    hunterslasher27
    I know I have like 1 PS2 classic but if I could play Person 3 FES on vita my life would be complete.

4. Darkolugia

Darkolugia Member

The ability to watch PS4 streams

5. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Definitely remove the 100 bubble limit. Surely it's possible.

Pata and ExcaliburEdge like this.
  6. Kevling

Kevling Member

Personally I'd quite like to see the UI overhauled to look more like the PS4. I've never been a fan of the bubbles :)

DrApollo and ExcaliburEdge like this.
  7. ExcaliburEdge

ExcaliburEdge Active Member

I'd like the Near app to notify me when someone nearby is playing the same game as me. That would make it a lot easier to find friends for multiplayer.

The Content Manager needs to support backups and transfers to/from PS4 over wireless and usb. Automatic backups would be nice as well.

The Live Screen should show which of my friends are currently playing that game.

APA likes this.
  8. hahmad

hahmad New Member

I want to see an increase in the Stand By Time or disable it completely.

2014-01-03-103042.jpg

Jawessome likes this.
  9. SMrtz420

SMrtz420 Member

I would like a way to manage ps vita save data files without plus and possibly to transfer to ps3 like you can with psp save files. I had the vita for a year and just found that out. It was disappointing tbh, from the settings menu it seems you can only manage add on data. Just lost my progress on Ys Memories of Celceta because of it :(

APA likes this.
  10. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

I also want the 100 bubbles limit to be removed. Also want the 10 pages limit removed too, I want to organize the games the way I like and without limits.

11. OtaXou

OtaXou Member

In terms of features, I'm okay with its current state although I would also like to be able to screenshot PS1/PSP games.

But LiveArea ? Still not a fan. And with the Remote Play and everything, I would like to see a complete UI overhaul to resemble the PS4's.

EDIT : And here I am, forgetting the most important thing : the ability to have multiple PSN accounts on the system. I need that PSO 2 fix in my life !

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    ExcaliburEdge and Trent like this.
  12. Patrick Culleton

Patrick Culleton New Member

Multiple PSN accounts on the system, redesign of the UI, or the chance to choose a different UI.

Jawessome likes this.
  13. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Sadly I don't think we'll ever see PS2 emulation on the Vita, the hardware just doesn't have the grunt to do it. Maybe if Sony bring Gaikai to the Vita, you might br able to do it....

While I'm OK with the UI, it would be nice to be able to choose between the native Vita one, one with resembles the XMB from the PS3 or one which is the same as the PS4's.

14. antic604

antic604 Member

• multiple accounts, so that my kids could play without overwriting my saves
    • ability to hide unused apps
    • ability to one-click-launch selected apps, eg settings, store, music, browser
    • battery usage indicator with %
    • alignment of the UI tool with PS4 - not a great fan of the bubbles :)
    • if bubbles are to stay, I'd prefer to have more of them on one screen with a traditional grid arrangement and folders opening in a bubble, a'la Android

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  15. Papertale

Papertale Member

THEMES THEMES THEMES
    They could keep them for a price just like for PS3

16. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

The ability to render PSP games in their native resolution. I'd much rather have this:

[​IMG]

Than this:

[​IMG]

17. VanWinkle

VanWinkle Member

I don't know, Takao. Why would you want those HUGE black borders on all ends just for it to look a little sharper?

18. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

Because it looks so ugly blown up to Vita's res. Either add the ability to change resolutions, or add some anti-aliasing to the PSP emulator. I can't play 3D PSP games on Vita.

Jawessome likes this.
  19. VanWinkle

VanWinkle Member

I mean, they're ugly, but I think they're ugly either way, so I'd like to at least use them at a screen size comparable to the PSP screen. For example, Daxter looks kinda ugly (by today's standards) on my PSP AND my Vita.

20. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

I've got no problem loading up my PSP games on a PSP. I just think that the 3D ones scale very poorly on Vita.

21. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    Or just some anti-aliasing... lol

22. BlueMaxima

BlueMaxima Member

I'd like to be able to unlock the screen without using the touchscreen. Holding L+R maybe?

ExcaliburEdge likes this.
  23. antic604

antic604 Member

To add to the above:
    • ability to enable / disable cloud saves for all games on the Vita at once (e.g. using list with checkboxes)
    • ability to mass upload / download saves to the cloud (just like above)
    It's really cumbersome that I have to go to each and every game and dis/en-able that option individually. I enable it by default, but e.g. chose not to for Guacamalee because my save is in the cloud, while my son plays the game on local save.

Also, I turn the WiFi off when I don't use the system, so it doesn't update the cloud saves during the night, so an option to do that on request for all games that have cloud saves enabled would be neat.

24. BlueMaxima

BlueMaxima Member

You can do that via the Content Manager app. Change to Online Storage and you can do it.

antic604 likes this.
  25. antic604

antic604 Member

Really? That's great - thanks! :)