What would you like to see in the next firmware?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Kyle, Jan 5, 2014.

1. PSVR

PSVR New Member

I'd like to see some fiddling with the battery meter and power notifications, I don't need a "Battery level is low, do you want to continue?" message when I'm copying over a single screenshot, seems a bit excessive, especially when the charge meter is still green! Also a low-battery warning when playing a game seems to come about five minutes before the machine dies.... 15 minutes might be better, so you can figure out if its worth carrying on or going to plug it in (depends on the game I guess).

2. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    To add to what I've said earlier, I would also like the ability to use the Circle button to get through the lock screen's tab, so I don't have to swipe it with the touch screen. I find myself almost constantly using wipes to clean fingerprints off the touch screen, and a lot of the time, I put it in hibernation to do it so I can see the prints to get off. Then, I boot it back up and bam, one fresh fingerprint smudge.

ExcaliburEdge likes this.
  3. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

I really like the idea of knowing the percentage of battery life left. I do that on my iPhone.

4. mellan_Konsten

mellan_Konsten Active Member

I like the Vita UI, it feels like something different and I think the Vita would feel much more like a "ps4 light" if they changed it.

What I do want is copy/paste at least in the browser, and speaking of the browser I would like a portrait mode and something extra that helps me from constantly switching javascript on or off.

Nice to see Van vinkle and Takao here as well, because GAF still don't let me in (been waiting for over a year to get accepted).

You don´t need to swipe. put your first finger in the top, right corner and your second finger on the bottom left corner =)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    ExcaliburEdge, xtemma and Trent like this.
  5. CharZarz

CharZarz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Ok I do know this would be a big firmware update but still!
    First the PsVita NEEDS a better Notification Center! Why can't I get a message pop up saying I have a friend request on Facebook! Why can't I get a message pop up saying some one followed me! I feel it needs to be fix.
    I would also like to see a better social center for example "MiiVerse" I would like to see this happening on the PsVita.
    That's about it :)

6. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

PSN ID:
    plpalo
    I'm fine with the bubbles. I don't think that a UI redesign to match that of the PS4 would look nice on the smaller screen. You can see how it looks when you do Remote Play.

Also, I agree that Notifications are broken... or maybe my configuration is. I never get a message/friend request notification when the Vita is in standby mode, even though I selected the audio notification. I find myself using the Android Playstation app more often to chat with PSN friends.

ExcaliburEdge likes this.
  7. mellan_Konsten

mellan_Konsten Active Member

It would be nice to have a PS community (like facebook but better good)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  8. xtemma

xtemma Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    NA: XtemmA2 / Asian: XtemmA
    download.jpg + charger.jpg + Sony_Personal-3D-View_Head-Mount-Display_hmz-t3w-hero_01.png = ?

9. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Ok I'm here to tell what features the PsVita is lacking. 1st the notification center... For example when I get follower on twitter I would like to get notification saying Soso followed me! they based the vita off mobile so please make it some how close lol. 2nd why the heck can I not COPY and PASTE! on the Browser!!! Wow come on! 3rd this is optional but I thought this would be cool that when you click on a app or game it would play its own personally music for that app or game. I thought that would just be cool. 4rth If they could add more light to the PsVita. That's about it thanks for reading :)

10. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    The ability to use the 3G on board the ps vita, to play games online and being able to download games bigger than 20mb. I have tethered my phone to the vita and I was able to play killzone online with minimal to no lag.

11. joecool

joecool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Vita is capable of that. The reason they cap it at 20mb is due to the carriers no longer offering unlimited data plans therefore can't guarantee 2gb+ games when the data plans go up to 2gb a month.

12. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    But they should at least give us the option. I have a 2gb plan a month and it would be great if I could down at least a portion of the game when I am out or a small game 50mb or so.

13. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    I don't have the 3G model so I can't help lol besides its 3G it's to slow for me.

14. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    3G isn't slow, I was able to tether my phone to my ps vita and play killzone mercenary online without an issue. I have also download a few games between 300-600mb before and it didn't take too long.

15. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Tether your phone to your vita? What is your download speed?

16. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    I am not 100% sure but it's around about 200-300 kb/s

17. joecool

joecool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nowadays, the download speeds could go faster than the regular home internet.
    I've gotten a 3G connection of 10mb/s and on my friend's LTE I've gotten around 20-30mb/s

Keep in mind that I live in California, cell towers can be found nearly in all corners lol

18. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    That's awful...

That's good download speed. I get around 5mps. But if my dad is online on his Xbox My Mps drop CRAZY! All the way to 1-2 Mps...

19. joecool

joecool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well my internet at home is about 6mb/s...that sucks lol.

20. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    I live in Australia so it's never too good,but just on my phone I can get 1mb/s on rare occasions. But usually it around 600kb/s. Btw you don't need such a fast internet speed to play games online. When I played kzm online it used around 100mb a hour.

21. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Lol I have 6 to! I have AT&T! The highest we can get in our area is 6! I'm like WHA! We need to go back to buckeye lol.

I don't think I could live my life with 600kbs. I'm surprised you could play kill one online. I wonder if you could use PsNow.

22. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    I just did a speed test on my phone and it said I have 5mbps but it doesn't seem like I actually have that speed.

23. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Hmm

nice!

24. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    The latency in Australia is just too high so it would be impossible to use ps now.

25. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    That would suck :( Ill see if I can do it as soon as it comes out.