What would you like to see in the next firmware?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Kyle, Jan 5, 2014.

1. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    Do you live in America, because they get it early for some reason.

2. CharZarz

CharZarz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Yep I do :) I'm in NA

3. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    So when it comes out there, could you tell me if there is any issues with PsNow and what speeds are needed.
    Thanks

4. CharZarz

CharZarz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    1st I don't know when it's coming. I'll keep up to date with issues. And I'll tell you the actual speeds needed. But I have a feeling that PsNow isn't going to be cheap :(

5. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    It's a subscription or you can lease each game out individually. They still haven't announced the price yet.

6. mellan_Konsten

mellan_Konsten Active Member

Someone told me that if you tethering and play killzone the lag is more noticible for the other players than yourself (why, I don't know).

7. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    That would only be true if you're hosting the game.

8. mellan_Konsten

Ok, but wouldn't it be kind of difficult to play against someone that is lagging as well?

edit: or does that person just stand still?

9. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    I assume so, but the situation you're talking about was what I was referring to. To be honest I've only experienced two "lag" scenarios in KZM; one while the PSN was having issues and another a single player glitching out. As long as you're not the host, very little data needs to reach you and be sent to kill "lag" as you know it.

I've played KZM on my phone's 3G connection with no issues.

10. mellan_Konsten

That sounds fantastic, I thought you couldn't game on 3G. My bad ;)

edit: I don't know if this is made with firmware, but I would love to be able to gift games from the PSN store to friends :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  11. jpelgrom

jpelgrom Member

Ideas (lots of them):
    1. Integrate the trophy rarity into [Trophies], as on the PS4.
    2. Add native support for PSN Soundtracks to [Music], enabling us to download all soundtracks available for the PS3, and not a seperate app like the Tearaway soundtrack, which requires you to have twice the space available (2x ~200MB, once for the app, and once for the copying process).
    3. Using the XMB background image for PSP/mini Liveareas instead of an image looking somewhat like the back of a PSP. The same for the application icon in the gate, making it the image shown in the XMB for that game (on the full gate, without borders, unless the application icon is a square), instead of the current option.
    4. PS1 Memory Card management (via [Settings] > Application Data Management > Saved Data (PSP™/PlayStation®/Other)) - not just the save, but also the contents of the save; the virtual memory card as it can be accessed during gameplay by holding down the PS button.
    5. The option to delete DLC/updates for Vita & PSP games (via [Settings] > Application Data Management > Add-On Data (PS Vita or PSP™)). *1
    6. Store media: (1) Add trailers to all games on the Store, which don't require downloading. The basic player as used in the web browser will be fine. (2) Add the option to view screenshots on full screen (and replace those really tiny screenshots you can't cycle through) (and require screenshot and/or trailers for all Vita games!).
    7. AVLS that doesn't turn back on automatically when the system's shut down. *2
    8. Integration of [Parental Controls] into [Settings]. Put the Livearea stuff (countdowns for how much time's left) in the menu that appears when you hold down the PS button, if parental controls have been enabled.
    9. Combine the [Party] and [Messages] apps into one, unified app (called [Chats]?).
    10. Add a button to [Near] (above the Discoveries and Out-and-About Chart buttons?) to view the Out-and-About Radar without touching someone in the Out-and-About History, causing it to load a player's profile, which can take some time.
    11. Folders inside folders! For example, a Games folder, with within it folders for PS Vita games, PSP games, PSM games etc.
    12. Make it possible to disconnect from a PC/Mac connected over WiFi (even if the connection is interrupted, the device will show in [Photos], [Music] or [Videos] until you connect to another device).
    13. Add filters and sorting options to the search options / search results / download list in the Store! I really don't care about all those costumes when searching for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Search for the PSM part of the Store would also be welcome.
    14. In the Livearea for [Browser], make it possible to show bookmarks (and also make it possible to delete that PS Vita Official Website and Trend Micro Web Security bookmarks, please).
    15. In [Content Manager], allow us to back up only save games for PS Vita games, or the 'extra data' the game creates, and not the whole game + patches.
    16. Use a yellow colour for PS+ discounts/notes in the Store, like in the US (for me, in the Netherlands, they are just white like the rest of the description). Also, put the full game size in the title or description, and not just the save game size.
    I could go on and on, but this is the 'most important' stuff for me. These are also some things I could see coming in a firmware update. Sure, a redesign of the PS Store would also be nice, with a central hub page for games, listing all the DLC, updates etc., but since it hasn't really been successful on the PS3 since launch (lots of complaints about the speed, since it has to load so much), I don't see it coming very soon if at all to the Vita.

In short: integration, polishing and catching up on the PS3/PS4
    (And also, as earlier said, a battery percentage, better save file management options, no 100 bubbles limit, and the option to unlock the system with buttons)
    *1 Not sure whether or not this is already possible for PSP games this way, since I don't own any digital PSP games with patches and/or DLC.
    *2 This one may be hardware related, since EU rules prevent devices outputting volume higher than something dB...
    Note without number If you quote this, please only quote the part you want to talk about, since it's quite a lengthy post.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    antic604 and Kyle like this.
  12. akhi216

akhi216 Well-Known Member

I want to see revised and expanded parental controls. I want to let my nieces play my Vita when they come over but I do not want them tinkering with cloud uploads/downloads, deleting apps, filling up my memory card with pictures/videos, messing with messaging, reading my emails, or overwriting my games. There needs to be a function that allows Vita owners to require a password to individually lock apps/games, and require a password to upload/download saves, delete games/apps, rearrange apps/games, and add/remove wallpapers, and alternatively allow guest accounts to save the time. If they cannot provide these things on stock Vita firmware they should at least offer an app in PS Store that does it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014