What you bought this week on Vita

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by rajat, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

I will start getting Japanese vita games once my Japanese gets a lil' better. I may buy one soon Just to help my Japanese...

2. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

I'm still going for the full english set + some jap games that I consider enjoyable for me.

I have 10 games left for the PAL full set (mostly late releases that are still expensive & I don't want to pay full price for: Hakuoki, Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni, God Wars Future Past...)

I still need about 5-6 USA english physical exclusives

About japanese games... I've got a bunch that I picked on my travel to Japan last year and about 20 still on my wishlist.

I might have about 350 games atm

DojoDan likes this.
  3. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

Still thinking about getting a full PAL set, but at the same time I don't want hentai dungeon crawlers and other crap in my collection...

That said, I just received Vegas Party in the mail. :D

DojoDan and Roscoe Jones like this.
  4. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

My motto "all killer no filler" lol I never understood "collecting" games i won't play ever. Just a waste all around.

DojoDan and 2048Dan like this.
  5. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Yea 16 is what I meant I was half asleep when I wrote that.

I'm really picky with my covers, if there is a non-USK version I will go for that, same as if there is an EU version and a US version I will prioritize EU, its made collecting a bit more of a challenge but no fun if its all easy :D

I've just got an eye on eBay waiting for a copy to come up. From past listings it doesn't actually look like they end up selling for much more than £40-£50 when they do come up so I'll just bide my time and finish getting the rest of the games I need first.

What might I ask have you got against Strictly Limited specifically?

6. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

If we're talking about including every Japanese game that didn't get a Western release, then no, not me. My collection goals, money permitting & being fast enough/lucky enough are:

Every UK/Europe release including limited editions. I currently own every one including the limited editions & have on preorder any upcoming titles.

Every US release that didn't make to Europe or if it did, any variants. The only one I'm missing is Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth LE which sells for $700+ on eBay.

All English/Asian games including the eastasiasoft/Play Asia releases. Up to date on these.

LimitedRunGames. Same as above. I hope to continue to be fast enough to be able to buy these!

Japanese games that haven't had a Western release. Not sure how many of these I own off the top of my head, but they're all games that can be played without any knowledge of the Japanese language.

Miscellaneous. Any Japanese limited editions that I take a fancy to.

Vita hardware. I currently own 9 Vitas, which I think is enough. :oops::oops:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  7. Billybobbean

Why do you keep lying to us :p

zodaex and lesdennis like this.
  8. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Haha! Just in case any family members are secretly lurking on this forum... :eek::D

lesdennis likes this.
  9. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

So you're willing to miss out on the greatest games out there? Oh, deary.

zodaex likes this.
  10. Billybobbean

More boobs for us!

zodaex and TheAtom like this.
  11. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

English covers are a priority for me, except for dutch covers I rarely make any exceptions and if I do then only when such game is multi language.

The only 3 times I did that was with Handball 16 (was new and super cheap), Putty Squad (new and cheap) and WRC 3 (cheap, duh :p)

But I prefer to avoid that as much as I can.

So about Strictly Limited games, I don't like the company and their attitude and I hate being forced to buy a game (regular copy, different story with CE's) that is limited by purpose AND you're forced to buy it NOW or overpay later.

If I have the money at that moment for it I will buy it if I really want the game, but it doesn't change the fact I really hate that.

12. Billybobbean

How is that different from LRG or special reserve games? Or do you not buy them either?

13. Vita_Girl

Same story aside from the attitude part.

I skip them (almost always the case), mostly because of my opinion about that type of companies releasing limited only games, and because I make a tight Vita budget that I calculate every 4 months so such releases are also in that case a no-go (but I rarely really care about LRG releases + budget is a budget and I refuse to skip a game I want for a LRG release )

14. TheAtom

DUTCH COVERS?! Vita games?!

Hmmm... I can actually remember quite a few backcovers having Dutch/French/German backs with descriptions and all...

I'd give money for a proper official Senran Kagura cover in Dutch though. Just to laugh at the word usage xD

Also, I think you're probably financially the most responsible member on the whole forum, with a calculated 4 month budget for Vita games...

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  15. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Chaos;Child (physical copy!)

Pata likes this.
  16. Vita_Girl

Some Vita games have a dutch cover but I've never seen SK in dutch (that would be fun if it exists)

The reason I calculate a budget for Vita games is because otherwise I would spend all the money on Vita games.

For me with most financial stuff calculating a budget works better, budget = budget so in any case I would never spend above that.

(there are exceptions but not for stuff like games)

17. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Not enough. Maybe up to 40 :(
    But still the PS Vita is the only console i'm going full set.

For those going full set, i will just say be very wary of the Japanese exclusive. As there are many titles with print run on par with Limited Run Games ones and you are not battling against the few tens thousands Western hardcore PS collectors but the !%$ Japanese collectors. 2015 Japanese exclusives are hell.

shadowman likes this.
  18. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

3 more Vita games, my first ones for 2018:
    [​IMG]image by gouki16uk, on Flickr

I can't get enough of any Mahjong style games, darn Yakuza for hooking me on the game...

19. TheAtom

I'll admit, we have practically the same system. Budget for food (a daily budget actually), and then a separate monthly 'leisure spending' budget. Best way to know I'm not spending more than I own.

Sadly enough, most places like NISA Europe or IFI Europe have covers in English, French, Italian, Spanish and German, but no Dutch... :(

20. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

Estival Versus was released in the Netherlands with a Dutch/French cover, including a typo on the cover "Alleen vor".

I don't own the game anymore, but I found this in a Dutch webshop. If you squint, you might be able to spot the typo.

[​IMG]

Other than that, Konami games always have complete Dutch covers in the Netherlands. New Little King's Story is one of them, but I don't own it anymore, but I do own MGS HD Collection. Both games also come with physical Dutch manuals, by the way.

(oh, and I just remembered, I own a copy of Rayman Legends + Origins combo pack that has a Dutch cover and back)

[​IMG]

Vita_Girl and TheAtom like this.
  21. TheAtom

Whaaat?! Do you know if the description on the back was Dutch?! o_O

My wife's not gonna like it, but I'll have to get it, if it is...

22. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

Yes, the back is in Dutch and French as well.

TheAtom likes this.
  23. TheAtom

Maybe... Just maybe... I can justify this by getting the PS4 version?

24. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Picked up Monster Hunter today:
    [​IMG]image by gouki16uk, on Flickr

Ok, this one is purely for Vita and Capcom collection purposes since its unplayable if you don't live in Japan from what I understand. Managed to get a half decent price on it as well, well compared to the rest on eBay anyway.

25. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

2064: Read Only Memories