When do you think the last ever Vita exclusive game will come, and what do you think it will be?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Kresnik, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Kresnik

Kresnik TVL Guest Reviewer

As title says. When the news about Caligula's release date came out today, it got me thinking.

Currently, the last Vita game that released which isn't on any other platforms is Stranger of Sword City Revisited. But, given that its predecessor is on Steam, it seems unlikely this game will stay exclusive. Same for things like Mary Skelter/Hakuouki, which are from Idea Factory who like to port games to Steam.

Caligula, however, is from FuRyu and Atlus, neither company have shown any interest in the PC market so it's quite possible the game stays Vita exclusive forever.

We have upcoming games like Sir Eatsalot which seem to only be targeting Vita, but who knows whether that'll happen.

Have we already had the last Vita exclusive game? Will everything else be ported to PC at some point? Or is there still a title coming (in the west) that you don't think will be on any other platforms?

Interested to hear other people's thoughts. As we move ever closer to a completely multi-platform future, I find this stuff very interesting to follow. PSP had exclusive games as late as 2013, for reference (Generation of Chaos/Black Rock Shooter), but they seem like very odd cases from a bygone era.

Kyle likes this.
  2. Pellegri

Pellegri Member

I'd like to hope that there is some chance of us getting Dungeon Travelers 2-2, which considering it's exclusive and would be published by Atlus (so no PC), is probably a good contender for "final Vita exclusive release". Tokyo Tattoo Girls is another that will probably remain exclusive, mainly due to it being about the nichest thing in the world, which I doubt Nisa will bother porting it because of that.

3. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

4. Pellegri

Pellegri Member

There is no chance that Coven would be exclusive, considering Nisa ports everything from Nis to PC nowadays. I wouldn't even be surprised if they ported it to PS4 as well. Demon Gaze 2 (as long as we actually get it) would either be Nisa publishing it or Experience themselves, which Nisa at least is more than capable of PC ports, we'd likely see a port of the first 1 if they did so as well.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  5. McFungos

We don't even know if Refrain is coming to the West at least it wont be for 2017. So for it to come to PC ......
    Demon Gaze 1 & 2 publisher in Japan is Kadokawa Games and so far, unless i'm mistaken, the only Kadokawa's games released on Steam are RPG Maker related.
    All depend on how locked is the publishing agreement between Kadokawa and Experience. It feel much Kadokawa paid for that game and Experience made a la Bandai Namco with Ray Gigant.
    Stranger of Sword City is self-published in Japan by Experience so they had full right to port it on Steam.

6. Kresnik

Tokyo Tattoo Girls is getting a PC port, so not that.

But Dungeon Travelers is a good shout, I forgot that was coming. I wonder if Atlus will pick that up. They have grabbed Caligula due to their long-standing relationship with FuRyu, so I could totally see it since they have a partnership with Aquaplus too.

If Coven comes west, it'll be on PC (if not PS4 too), you can bet money on that.

Demon Gaze is a strange one. You're right, no Kadokawa Games have come to PC that I can recall. Still, if they were partnering with NISA again, you can bet that NISA would want both titles on Steam (just like they're doing with Operation Abyss/Operation Babel), so I dunno.

Unless Kadokawa go with someone else like PQube who seem less keen on PC, I don't see them staying exclusive.

7. McFungos

My .....
    I just have the ominous feeling that the last exclusive may be a Visual Novel :D

8. CrystalFlash

CrystalFlash Member

I suspect that the last games to come out on vita will be from Limited Run, but i cant predict what their final "exclusive to Vita" game would be.

9. Pellegri

Pellegri Member

The OP isn't asking for final physical release though, as it's pretty clear that LRG will likely do the final physical. He's asking for exclusive releases in general (as in no chance of being ported to anything else) and if there will be more than the few we already know of that are still coming.

10. Adam Anouer

Adam Anouer Well-Known Member

I think The final VITA game released won't be a Limited Run Game I think it'll likely be an Asia exclusive.

If it is Limited Run Games I suspect Sharin No Kuni is the most likely favourite at the moment.

Knowing JPN's vita market it'll likely be a Nippon Ichi Software game since they still adore this system in all it's glory but who knows.

11. Kresnik

Yeah, I'm not talking about physical releases. That's another interesting question that I might pose at a later date, but I suspect we'll still be getting lots of Vita physical in 2018... just from LRG and the like.

Also, Sharin no Kuni will be out some time later this year. LRG are going to continue doing Vita for a while after that. Heck, I expect Gaijinworks might even give them a run for their money seeing how they're trying to get the last physical PSP game in Class of Heroes 3.

Adam Anouer likes this.
  12. Dinoegg_96

Dinoegg_96 Well-Known Member

13. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

Most games come to PS4/Steam these days as well and there is no guarantee that the games that are exclusive now won't come for a other platform later on, so it is hard to say. I think the reason the Vita still got games released for it is because they can port them to other, bigger, platforms while having the lower production costs of vita game, which is a win win situation for developers.

14. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

"The last physical Vita game is in captivity. The Vita Lounge is at peace."

15. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

An otome game.
    Japan only.

Similar to the PSP end cycle.

16. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

Probably some underground Japanese panty sniffer rpg novel... which many will buy to complete a collection and which i will actually play lol

17. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

As long as we get it here, STEAM ports are always possible.

CH just announced they're working on a Vita exclusive though.

18. emusenpai

emusenpai New Member

A game from Sony? Well that's funny, the Vita will "die" alongside with PS4. Most likely when PS5 is announce.