Where next for gaming?

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Discussion' started by Fanny Magnet, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

We've 'done' handhelds, in my opinion we've done consoles with the PS4, for me actually the PS3 and with the switch sort of hybrid has been done, not sure virtual reality has taken off. Will mobile gaming progress?.

So what's next?, I can't see another handheld launch, a PS5?, sort of switch2.

What's the next big thing?

2. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

PS VR 2.0 and second gen PC VR with better resolution and fewer thick cables to trip over.

3. Neelstha

Neelstha New Member

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    zodaex likes this.
  4. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

AI in physical collection editions. With DLC ;)

TheAtom likes this.
  5. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I think AI-controlled battles are the next thing.

It was actually a bit of a thing with the Smash Bros amiibos, that you could train. Basically, it would learn your attack patterns as you fought against it, and slowly accommodate them. You'd have 'tournaments' with people pitting their carefully trained amiibo against one another, and it's pretty cool.

We won't even play anymore, it'll just be data registered from our minds that translates our being into certain playstyles and skillsets. We will go in eternal slumber, watching Smash Bros Pikachu's thundering the shit out of each other, because we all know that deep down, we're all just cute little mice who don't want to go to the trouble of actually planning out shit. It's the free energy principle, pretty much.

zodaex likes this.
  6. JoSoap

JoSoap Well-Known Member

Nanomachines injected into the bloodstream which hijack the nervous system and simulate real-time battlefield scenarios... snake? SNAAAAKE!

TheAtom likes this.
  7. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

We need 4K rumble/vibration already. Dual Shock and HD Rumble just don't cut it for today's advanced games anymore. :p

TheAtom likes this.