Who will be upgrading to the Vita 2000?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by FadedMFC, Jan 8, 2014.

?

Will you be upgrading to the Vita 2000?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  1. FadedMFC

FadedMFC Member

Whilst I really like the look of it and the weight loss of the system I think that LCD screen is really detracting me from upgrading to the 2000, the OLED is just incredible.

Murphy likes this.
  2. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    The OLED screen is stunning, but I do want a 2000 Vita. I am planning on getting one, not only so that i can do a review for the site but also because I like the look and style, but it won't be a replacement. I'll prbably have one set up for retail games/remote play and one as my download games unit. Or something. :)

3. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    I wouldn't call it an upgrade, and no.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  4. Bazer

Bazer Member

Prefer to get vita tv than the 2000 tbh.

5. hunterslasher13

hunterslasher13 Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    hunterslasher27
    Upgrading assumes the next version is a better experience then the previous version in all aspects...so no plus money is tight.

6. antic604

antic604 Member

Well, I on purpose bought mine barely a month ago just to have "dat" OLED screen knowing full well that I sacrifice lower weight, longer battery life and standard mini-USB charging, not to mention wider color palette.

So "no" :)

7. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Like most of you, I wouldn't consider it to be an upgrade, so no plans to change my Vita. In fact I've been tempted to buy a 'spare' Vita-1000 just in case my existing one gives up the ghost :)

8. lightfellow

lightfellow Member

I prefer my old big vita. The 2000 has some advantajes like the rear touch being smaller (I always accidentally touch it) and the micro USB charger, but still, the OLED screen is fantastic and I think is a great system.

9. MageOfRevenants

MageOfRevenants Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    MageOfRevenants
    Nope . Well at least I don't plan on i love my 3G PSVita and yes I do use the 3g. So if something were to happen to my.vita I'll look for another 3g model.
    The only thing I find appealing with the 2000 model is the USB support. That's pretty much it.

APA likes this.
  10. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

No, no need to buy a system which is quite inferior to the already existing one (OLED vs LCD) unless my original one stops working or it breaks

APA likes this.
  11. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Already got a Blue 2000 for review purposes, and I've not touched my 1000 since I got it. I really like pretty much everything about it, from the comfy feel to the extended battery life to even the screen. I don't view it as inferior with the screen. You can't tell the difference unless you have the two side by side. Even, then, the only difference you can see is that the 1000 has darker shades of colors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    Murphy likes this.
  12. MageOfRevenants

PSN ID:
    MageOfRevenants
    I know it'll come a time where they Discontinue the 1000 model . I'm sure people will adapt to the 2000 model for sure when the time comes.

13. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

I'll stick with the original model. I prefer my electronics to have some weight to them; makes them feel like they're higher quality and less like a cheap toy. I don't really need extended battery life either.

MageOfRevenants and Murphy like this.
  14. OtaXou

OtaXou Member

I've got the 3G model too but only because I could get a game with this one. Since you're a 3G user I'm curious : what do you use the 3G for on the handheld ? Have you tried to play online with it (I know Street Fighter X Tekken supports 3G for its online mode) and does it perform well ?

15. MageOfRevenants

PSN ID:
    MageOfRevenants
    Oh I'm not much of a online gamer. But i just use it simply for browsing and just simply being online . Messaging people on my friend list. Syncing my trophies and uploading screenshots and such. I've never tried to Download anything or play a game online with the 3g I just use my 4g lte hot spot on my phone for when I decide to do that.
    I have the 1gb for 3 month's $25 3g plan which is perfect for me.

16. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

I will be getting a Vita 2000 when it releases in the states. I don't think I can get used to O being X and X being O.

17. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    It's confusing, I'd say that. Using Circle to select everything on the menu and then suddenly using X for selecting things in a game. And then there's also the fact that some games across PSP and PS Vita titles that automatically switch to having Circle as the select command when it is used on a Japanese system and changed the prompts in-game to Circle for the most part.

One confusing thing about that is that in Dissidia 012, Lightning's EX Burst has X prompts in the animations, but you have to hit Circle for it. Another is in Rainbow Moon. In-game, X is the select button, but if you go to the PS Store section of the game to purchase microtransactions, selection goes to Circle. That took time getting used to, though that's just a part of using a Japanese system for non-Japanese games.

18. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

So, in most Vita games, you still use X to choose things, and only in the menu do you use O?

19. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Right. Most Vita games you control the same way you would on a US Vita. It's mostly Apps and Menus outside of games that you use Circle. Apps include PlayStation Store, Friends, Flickr, Livetweet, etc.

Caleb likes this.
  20. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

Ah, well. It might not be as big of an issue as I had initially thought. I think I can get used to clicking things with O in the menus, and what not. But if the games play the same, then I might just import a vita sooner, rather than later. :) Thanks Trent.

21. Trent

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    No problem. Most games play the same. Games that I've encountered so far that utilize the change are God of War: Chains of Olympus, Final Fantasy III, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and Dissidia 012. In the case of those titles, most of that is only in menus in the games. PlayStation All-Stars, for example, plays exactly the same in-battle. It's just menus where you have to use Circle for selecting options.

The only games I've tried that has had everything in the game change is Final Fantasy III and Dissidia 012, though the battle controls of Dissidia 012 remain unchanged. .

22. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

Ah, okay. I'm not too concerned with the menus. I can get used to that. As long as in game controls stay the same, that is something I don't want to relearn.

23. CharZarz

CharZarz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    I would love to get it but! there's only 1 reason I am not (No Oled Screen!) Sorry Sony.

24. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    I really want the blue and white 2000 but I admit there's no reason for me to upgrade for now. The money is better spent on a big memory card.

25. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    Yeah, same. I was going to port it but since they are using led lcd screen I decided not to. It's a down grade from the oled in my opinion.