Would/do you play your Vita in public?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Stryfe, Jan 7, 2015.

1. TWINBLADE98

TWINBLADE98 Member

having to remoteplay in public would be awesome!!!

2. B91212R

B91212R Active Member

Generally no but from time to time I have to travel for work and so on the plane and also whilst waiting for connections. Would love to on my commute to work but think the local sheriffs wouldn't look too kindly on me driver and playing at the same time. Speeding tickets are enough to be going on with! It's also good to get my gaming fix whilst away from home when staying in hotels.

I fly at least 10+ times a year with work and visiting family and have only ever seen one other passenger playing a Vita during a long haul flight. Tried but couldn't see what he was playing.

3. jandermann1978

jandermann1978 Well-Known Member

...while on my way to work today, I listened to the recent Vita-Cast Episode...played a bit of Danganronpa during my lunch-break...and continued on with the Vita-Cast on my way home...business as usual...I have a 20 minute walk to work ,so...it fitĀ“s very well there...

4. Mr.Detective

Mr.Detective Member

I usually play it on the train and the boat I take to get to college.One of these days while I was playing on the train there was this guy with his kid, musta been like 5 ~ 6 years old or so, he had just bought a vita and he was telling him about all the games he could play and stuff.Then he pointed me and was like "See?That guy over there has a vita too!". All I could think of was how glad I was that I was playing Freedom Wars and not Monpiece lol.

But yeah, I play only the mild "normal looking" stuff in public.I don't play shit like Akiba's Trip or Monpiece, I save those for when I'm home.

Pata likes this.
  5. Hayase

Hayase Well-Known Member

I did play in public today (subway and while walking) and will do so the following days since i started playing DanganRonpa 1.

6. Tribal_Renegade

Tribal_Renegade Member

Attaboy, Kyle! That's the spirit. :)

7. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Well-Known Member

Hmm not much I guess....I played them out during Air-Plane rides and when I'm out in Coffee shop alone by-myself.

I don't use much public transport currently and I drive my own most of the time.

Playing outside isn't really preference though due to the noisy ambience, I prefer to able to hear the game voices loud and clear especially when progressing through the story part.

8. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

I play my VITA in public all the time - I take it to Starbucks and play away!

9. Rustbin

Rustbin Member

I tried once to play my Vita on a bus but motion sickness made it bad experience. :(

10. bloodraider132

bloodraider132 Well-Known Member

^^ that kinda sucks :/ i can play any game at any given time no matter how much things shake ^^
    going to my dad tomorrow have to travel about an hour by train, what better way to show off the vita's awesomeness then playing j-stars while sitting in a train :D

Rustbin likes this.
  11. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

All the time! Mainly at lunch during work and downtime at airports.

12. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I play in the train, often. Only if I get to have a place in a corner with nobody able to look over my shoulder I'll play particular games though (Senran Kagura for example), but on quite a regular basis I play my Vita publicly. Have not ever come across a fellow Vita-player though. XD

13. Broke-dik

Broke-dik Member

I play on the train ride to work some times.

14. Unknownwolf

Unknownwolf Well-Known Member

That made me laugh. I had the same problem playing Senran Kagura at work with little kids around. They would want to watch me play and I would have to quickly change to FIFA 14 before they would just come over... Got to love fan service XD

15. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Haha yeah I know what you mean. Hyperdimension Neptunia is the border for me, although the sound I always need in my headphones...
    Monster Monpiece I keep confined to my own living room though...

Unknownwolf likes this.
  16. Ben

Ben Member

Although I drive a lot more than take the train, I do love a train journey where I can really get into a game to pass the time. Although the last journey I made I got WAY too deep into Akiba's Trip and only really noticed with a few sharp kicks from my girlfriend. We were just pulling into a station so a lot of people were stood in the aisle, including an old lady with a look of horror on her face!

But yeah, trains, planes and holidays my Vita is with me. Tend to put most hours in at home while my PS4 looks on! Only seen one other Vita in the wild on the London Underground where a guy in his 20's was twisting around in his seat playing Wipeout.

17. Bortz

Bortz Member

I do some reviews over at GBAtemp for the site. I tend to get the ones that are either broken or smutty. Akiba's Trip was a strange one. I did like it, and would like to get it for the PS4 or the correct digital region next time for Vita, but it was on the edge for what I would play in public.

The other one was a breaker for me. Monster Monpiece. Completely necessary in terms of mechanics. However, Compile Hearts level of tenacity and unapologetic non-compromising of the US port was almost impressive.

18. Celanson

Celanson Active Member

Last place I played my Vita in public was at work. Lots of downtime on the weekends helps. ;)

19. Nonscpo

Nonscpo Well-Known Member

Got a chance to play it in public today for the first time in ages, it was at a car shop where I waited for my oil and belt change. The game was Xblaze, gotta clear as many more endings before the next game comes out :)

20. ZercianKaito

ZercianKaito New Member

Played with my Vita at college student union while waiting for the next class to start. The problem with that is at the video game section is where some jerks still like to badmouth the system. I also play it in car repair shops while waiting for fixes to be done.

Unknownwolf likes this.
  21. ninjazebra

ninjazebra Member

Interesting question! I live in Norway's capital, and I travel a lot by train/metro/bus. I cannot comment on Vita (as I still wait for mine to come in the mail), but sometimes I pull out one of my other handhelds. In public, I play mostly arcade type games, because I like to play my story-driven games in the comfort of my home. In my 5 years as a student here, I can't remember ever seeing someone playing their Vita or 3DS.
    Maybe it's a cultural thing...!

22. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

Love playing the VITA in coffee shops, playing Stein's Gate at Avoca Coffee is a real treat.

I'm sticking with handhelds because this is so much fun.

23. mugglemind

mugglemind Member

New poster, long time lurker, so hi everyone.
    I use my vita every day on the bus to and from work, while at work (when it's quiet, naturally - and two of my colleagues now have vitas, after watching me play), queuing in the bank, while waiting on the rare occasions I visit the barber or doctor, at Wimpy (much nicer than McDonalds - and can sit and play while waiting for the food). If I go on a train trip with my grandsons the first question they ask is "are we taking the vitas?" Their second question will then be "Killzone?" I even showed it off in Asda once, remoteplaying my PS4, when someone was looking at buying one!

My usual travel game currently is the original Toukiden - most fights last almost the same time as my bus journey, but if they take longer, the instant pause of the power button is a godsend.

ninjazebra likes this.
  24. Clateman

Clateman Member

I take my vita with me to eat out or to go to the library I listen to music or play games on long car rides i play racing games I got to wifi hotspots and play online games and use the party feature to talk to friends. It be better if there was a dedicated phyical place to meet with other vita owners play games make swaps eat drink and be merry also could there be a place to develop with people and take full advantage of the system feel free to add me on psn Clate_man

25. ninjazebra

ninjazebra Member

Welcome! Very cool to read, loved the bit about gaming with your grandchildren.
    I guess I should try to spread the word as well, maybe convince some of my own co-workers.

mugglemind likes this.