Would/do you play your Vita in public?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Stryfe, Jan 7, 2015.

1. EckyThump

EckyThump Active Member

I play on my Vita on the bus very often, as well as using it as a media player.

Celanson likes this.
  2. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

I take mine everywhere and play it everywhere i even played it once while driving, in my defence i was addicted to rayman origina, but its something i dont intend to repeat :D

3. mugglemind

mugglemind Member

Thanks. :)

I also forgot to mention that I have several times been seen around Westminster with my Vita tethered to my phone while I tried to hunt down creatures in Ecolibrium. Once had to hold the vita at full stretch over the Thames at Westminster Bridge just to catch a creature - still not sure if someone had been playing on a boat or inside Parliament!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    _:_PuppyShark_:_ and ninjazebra like this.
  4. Salty Dog

Salty Dog Well-Known Member

For sure i use it in public, at 40 im way too old to care about what others think, if the vita isnt cool i'll damn well make it cool haha.

Man when i spark this baby up on the train im the king of the School kids lol, i usually have a group of them standing behind me watching and commenting how cool the vita is if its around school knock off time.

Celanson and ReDiR like this.
  5. psn_Witcher

psn_Witcher Active Member

Usually depends on the game (Dragon's Crown or Freedom Wars have some shorter missions, easy to pick up and put down, but Persona 4 is more of a bulk gaming session). Usually whenever I have a spare 15-20 minutes while waiting for food ect.

6. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

I play mine all the time in public! Perfect way to play through RPGs in bite sized junks lol.

psn_Witcher likes this.
  7. Blaze8937

Blaze8937 Member

I sometimes play my vita on long train rides. Its perfect for grinding levels in rpgs.

8. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    For sure at the airport in the plane on a train I

9. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Yes, I do.

But I must be honest and say that although I also play my New 3DS XL in public...I get a little bit embarrassed, whereas Vita, I don't.

10. RK128

RK128 Well-Known Member

I have no issues playing me Vita around Adelphi's Campus, no one says anything or give me nasty looks :).

Its nice too as I can play a game or two while waiting for class to start (at the point where I don't have a lot of homework yet) :D.

I also play it on the bus sometimes, but haven't done that in quite a long while (maybe....a year ago?). Don't feel safe carrying around a 200$ handheld with over 1 thousand dollars worth of games on it XD!

11. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

No one is gonna steal it. It's almost a completely dead system. Smartphones and tablets rule the world.

12. RK128

RK128 Well-Known Member

Can never be to careful man; people can be real pricks sometimes :l. Always better to be safe then sorry.

13. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Someone steals it. Easy fixed!

- Hopefully, your Vita is password protected, so then you can quickly call PlayStation support to freeze your SEN/PSN account (tell 'em it got stolen)
    - Buy a replacement Vita for 30-50 bucks from some chump on Gumtree or elsewhere

14. Proxy73

Proxy73 New Member

I'm a taxi driver, which means vita time fills in the times I'm sitting on the rank filling in time. Sometimes I'm praying for a quiet day just so I can get an extended session in :) It's the best way to past time I've ever found :)

Stryfe likes this.
  15. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Yea, there are a lot of pick up and play type games on Vita, so good :)

16. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

I love playing in p├║blico. Kids make lines to see it lol even my boss likes it and his 55 yr old i think

17. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Lines lol.

18. nampad

nampad Member

Long distance flight tomorrow, will probably play some Resident Evil Revelations 2 or The Walking Dead Season 2 :)
    Not sure if I should take my 1000 or 2000 with me. I prefer the old one but the battery life of the 2000 is much better.

19. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Take both. #winwin

20. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

Now that would be a true VITA fan - brings two fully charged VITAs on long flights!

21. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Bring 10 power banks just for fun too.

22. _:_PuppyShark_:_

_:_PuppyShark_:_ Active Member

PSN ID:
    puppy_shark29-6
    Awesome!

I have to travel at least 2 hours each way to work (in a job that forces me to be VERY sociable IRL!), so you bet I get gaming!

I have no shame, even when colleagues make sniffy comments about the 3DS being better than the "PSP" (Which I don't yet own!).

Even if I'm just going to my local town centre to do some shopping (half an hour by bus), I'll have them around in case I got any Near/Streetpass hits. If I'm playing something I'm really engrossed in, I'll get off at my stop and literally just stand there playing until I decide enough is enough!
    I also have a friend who loves to frequent a gaming bar in London. No problem with shame there, either!

I almost never see anyone gaming in public, however... plus I need to get a decent power bank or two!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    SONY likes this.
  23. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

imo, PSP was way better than the DS in every conceivable manner, but probably on par with 3DS though.

24. _:_PuppyShark_:_

_:_PuppyShark_:_ Active Member

PSN ID:
    puppy_shark29-6
    My partner has a PSP and has commandeered my Vita (FFX), so I have his 3DS for now. I've never played the DS itself, though I've seen how cheap it is and have played Rhythm Paradise and Sonic Rush on the 3DS.
    *whispers*StreetpassisbetterthoughIwishthegameslookedabitlesskiddy

Currently looking into getting a new one for myself (with *two* working analogue sticks rather than zero!)... I'm torn between getting one of the cute and colourful Japanese ones or just a classic ordinary one.

SONY likes this.
  25. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

You can get them in different colours in NA and Europe too.