Would/do you play your Vita in public?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Stryfe, Jan 7, 2015.

1. higher_level_ene

higher_level_ene Member

I used to take mine to work. Loved it to.

2. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I take mine to work every day, but only play it on the train during my commute, never actually at work.

3. Colorado Rockie

Colorado Rockie Well-Known Member

I dont play my vita or any other handhelds in public. Not that I'm against the idea its just that when I go out its to do something and I'm not sitting around with time to play.

4. Archbreaker

Archbreaker Member

I use mine every so often at a Starbucks while I finish my drink.

5. CoolYon

CoolYon Member

I've only seen one other vita in public :( but I play mine often. Especially when waiting for something. Every time I have to get my car serviced? Vita.
    On my lunch break at work? Vita.
    Waiting for a flight? Vita.
    It gets annoying, when I'm in the middle of a game, and people are asking "what is that thing?" or "you still have a psp??" and of course you wanna show off what the vita can do, but honestly, not in the middle of fighting a boss.. Haha

DankZaku, DojoDan and Miguel like this.
  6. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

How rude! Dont they know rule n°5 of gaming?"never interrup a boas fight"

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk

7. CoolYon

CoolYon Member

Sadly, most people don't :( and they just keep talking until you gotta put the vita in standby, and listen to them! Haha
    Vita>Humans

8. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

God dammit those lowly low lifeforms. Long live the vita master face [emoji41]

CoolYon likes this.
  9. KaiserFoxHD

KaiserFoxHD Gaming's not an addiction, It's a lifestyle

To be honest I try to play my vita, when I'm on break at work, but it sucks sometimes due to the fact, I'll get to a tough boss that I've been in a fight for 15 mins then I gotta go clock back in and put the vita in stand by, and continue the boss later, but by the time u get back to it, u kinda forget your strategy hours later, so I kinda stop bringin it to work all together. Or just don't play jrpg's while at work;)

10. CoolYon

CoolYon Member

Oh man, I hate when that happens...
    I try sticking to Persona, or dungeon crawlers, while on break

11. tablloyd

tablloyd New Member

Just spent 3 hours playing Hot Shots Golf sitting in the lobby of the secure apartment building I live in while waiting for a dodgy delivery carrier. They had my new Freedom Wars cart!

12. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    I just played mine in the doctors office this morning, and a kid did recognize the system I was playing. I'm pretty sure I got him wanting a Vita now lol

Miguel likes this.
  13. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

You sir are going to heavon [emoji1]

14. djfresh82

djfresh82 New Member

hello all
    I usually play mines on my lunch break and before I start my workshift. usually have some time before I clock in..
    currently playing Sly Cooper Collection.. and god of war collection..

15. YuyoDrift

YuyoDrift New Member

If I know I'm going to be somewhere, bored for a long time, I bring my vita.
    I try and play during lunch at work and on the way home (I carpool).

I try and play very late at night so I can fall asleep, kinda like my bedtime story lol.

I have yet to run into another vita member at the random. :(

sean likes this.
  16. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

I did once, she was standing in line at a restaurant playing a white VITA, I asked what she was playing and how much she liked it.

17. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

I take mine to work & use it to kill some time after all the work is done, but maybe not so much "out in public". Don't want to field questions/accusations from the general public on why I'm playing games on the clock & have to explain that my work is done,it's lunch, breaks, etc etc etc.

18. VGAsia

VGAsia Active Member

Same here. I spend at least an hour in the train here in Singapore and I spend most of that time playing mine. Here you actually run into a few people playing theirs also. And all videogame shops have a nice section dedicated to Vita. Feels good. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APA likes this.
  19. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Over here since the launch of the Vita I never saw someone playing it except me and some friends.

And if I play it on the go, people mostly look what magic device I have in my hands.

20. Demorates

Demorates Active Member

In germany, its a special event, when you see someone playing with a psp/vita/3DS in public :p

When i work at night, i always play 1-2 hours, when there is nothing to do :)

But i work alone… so i would not call this public :)

I would never play my vita in the bus or train. I love my vita… and that makes me paronoid in public. When someone would look at my baby, i would think: “Put it away as fast as you can… because this person will steal it from you!!!”

Its stupid, because most people dont know, how special this piece of hardware is… but its enough, that i know it :p

zodaex likes this.
  21. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

The 3DS I do see sometimes, actually, but a Vita... I am not sure if I have seen it before (maybe I've posted here before and then I said otherwise, that'd be shameful!).

I actually kind of miss my commute... I used to do 30-50 minutes by train every day, and it'd be great to space out, live in your own world for a bit, or make sure you sit in the corner with nobody behind you or next to you so you can play Senran Kagura without others seeing costume breaks happening on your screen. I used to play a lot of games during train time, actually. Now I mostly play it at home, or if I'm traveling for longer distances (usually with my wife, so it depends on who's playing what who plays with the Vita and who with the 3DS). Nowadays I have a 30 minute cycle to work, but I honestly don't think my fellow cyclists, pedestrians and... ehmm... car... drivers? (isn't there a nicer word for that? There must be...) would appreciate me getting some Vita time in on the bicycle. XD

I took it to work a few times, but the potential questions of "what is that?" "what are you playing?" or the occasional stupefied remark kind of keep me from 'whipping it out' in the work place... And, admittedly, maybe it is just too much work to explain why it makes sense that a 23 year old is playing games with cute girls (think Neptunia) without being a pervert (in any malevolent sense)...

22. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

haha lol I'm 41 years old, my work mates are all well aware of my Japanese Boob Girl fetish!!! I have no shame!

I don't spend much time out in public now to be honest, but heh last year I went to Amsterdam for a weekend and I had no issues playing Senran Kagura in the airport and on the plane, my friends were quite amuzed at me on the plane; I was sat next to a 60ish year old lady, with the sound of Japanese females moaning and groaning (I couldn't use my bluetooth headphones on the plane).

TheAtom, AllHasRed, zodaex and 2 others like this.
  23. coachjjs75

coachjjs75 Well-Known Member

I am 47 and i went to my test done on heart last week. the waiting room was full of older people the me. The wait was long so I started to play Lego Batman 3 on my Vita !!! I really dont care what people may say about me when I play games .. I AM A Gamer !!!!

24. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

No way I'd never take my precious out of the house. Wouldn't risk having it stolen. My fat 3DSXL, yes. That's much more easily replaceable and doesn't have a $115 memory card inside it.

25. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Man, that's awesome, although, regardless of what it was, I really cannot stand people that have audio on in public places (especially closed places like trains, buses, or, indeed, planes)... It's just a bit rude, you know?

But man, that's an attitude I cannot do anything but have respect for. I just feel I'll get ostracized and never get anything published anymore the moment they see my name, like "I heard that guy platinumed Moe Chronicle! You know, that game in which you touch little and bigger girls to 'befriend' them? Hard to take someone's take on the non-representationalist intersection between sensorimotor theory and predictive processing seriously after that..." (because, obviously, everyone in the academic field speaks like a gamer and will, a 100% certain, know Moe Chronicle, just adding this in case you guys didn't know).

I found my own train-ride playthrough of Senran Kagura adventurous enough.

Though, admittedly, I do wear my Senran Kagura and Valkyrie Drive t-shirts in public... does that count like, as a halfway? (admittedly#2, it's not any of the official t-shirts like these
    , my wife designed them...)

lesdennis and zodaex like this.