Xbox1s

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Discussion' started by Findad, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Findad

Findad Member

Hi all - very out of date I know but my son and I still have an xbox360 for out home console. Has its advantages can pick up games for a couple of quid - but son is 10 soon all his mates have the newer xbox. Quick question do you think the price will come down when the new scorpio comes out? How much of a life do you think the one has? Ive had the 360 for well over ten years.

Xbox one over Ps4?

Also will our old games work on the xbox one - he must have about 20 Disney infinity characters - marvel battlegrounds is great local co-op

thanks

2. Findad

Findad Member

Oh and what hard drive is needed?
    500 or 1?

3. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

Your asking if it's worth getting an Xbox One over a PS4? No.

4. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

If you have already got an X360, I believe there's backward compatibility being built in bit by bit now.

5. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Yeah, its really rather well done. I was looking through the games on my Xbox One that I purchased for the 360 that I can play. Its a rather decent list.

I personally am not a big fan of the Xbox One though. Just for me the games released don't line up with those that I usually enjoy (mainly Japanese releases like Yakuza, EDF, Persona, Nioh etc.)

6. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I would go with PS4 over the Xbox any day, but it depends on backwards compat with your 360 games if that's an issue or generally the games he likes to play (or will want to play multiplayer). There is an alternative though. The Megadrive by Sega has 16-bits, cart slot on the top, headphone socket and Blast Processing. No other console, even the latest gen, have Blast Processing. It also promotes local multiplayer with friends so he won't become an addiced online loner either.

ninty72 and zodaex like this.
  7. Findad

Findad Member

Thanks all.... I actually still have my Megadrive (complete with mega CD)!!!
    Tbh with the PS4 vs Xbox1 thing - they seem to have similar games - we have quite mainstream taste - fifa, plantsvszombies, marvel vs Capcom etc - so was just going xbox not PS due to 360 games and the fact that's what his friends have

It will be a Christmas thing so will wait to black Friday etc and hope to find a bargain

8. Terramax

Terramax Administrator

Glad to hear of another Mega CD fan here! I still own Sonic CD and Keio Flying Squadron for the Mega CD!

For my two pennies, I'm currently considering an Xbox One also. Thinking about getting the XB S model with 500gb. How much memory you think you need comes down to whether you plan on getting games either digitally or physically. Digital will mean 1TB is better.

As for the whole PS4 VS XB1, as some on here might know, I recently created a thread about buying a PS4. I bought one and I was disappointed for the most part. The PS4 does have more exclusives. But not all that many. I think there's no doubt the XB1 has less to offer, but I might grab one just for the Halo games, Sunset Overdrive, Recore, Crimson Dragon, and a few others. The fact that SOME 360 games are backwards compatible is nice, but not all of them. For instance, I don't see my fav title, Tenchu Z, on the list.