Your Favorite Feature?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Trent, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    I thought I'd throw a little bit of positivity into a topic today, so let's take a look at the features of the PlayStation Vita. I know many people spend a lot of time thinking about what it could, should, or would have, but let's take a look at what it does have and take some time to really appreciate this device.

So, what's your favorite? It could be anything. The ability to play PSP games. The ability to take screenshots. Apps, like Flickr and Twitter. The Web Browser. Multitasking. Dual Analog Sticks. There are dozens of things I could mention, but there can only be one favorite per person.

What is your favorite feature of the PlayStation Vita?

2. hunterslasher13

hunterslasher13 Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    hunterslasher27
    I think taking screenshots is a very good feature, out of all the features I think that's my favorite.

3. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

PSN ID:
    plpalo
    My favorite feature is trophy support ;) Trophies often motivate me to keep on playing or to go back to a game which results in many fun hours of gsmeplay.

As far as the hardware goes, you just can't beat the screen. 'Dat OLED display...'

I also use the screencap feature so that I can use my own pics to put on my blog or to share funny moments with others. I wish they had video capture, too but I understand that the Vita is too weak to handle it.

4. FadedMFC

FadedMFC Member

I think seeing as one of my primary reasons for buying the system was to play through Final Fantasy 7-10 it would have to be the ability to play PS games.

5. CharZarz

CharZarz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    I like the feature of playing online! On the psp you couldn't play online. At least I think.

6. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    The gaming portions of a console will always be my favourite, but as far as features; Remote Play.

7. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

I like a lot of the things they did with the browser. Being able to scroll in the browser with the back-touch. The button at the top of the launch screens that google-searches the game in the browser for you. Being able to have a guide open and easily switching back and forth between applications. Since I use my PC a lot for games I'm used to that functionality and I appreciate that the Vita has it, if only to a lesser degree.

I have yet to try remote play however, so this is subject to change.

8. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Still no copy and paste..

9. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

PSN ID:
    plpalo
    That's interesting. I'm having all kinds of problems with the browser. It pauses loading pages, complains about the memory running out... I usually use a second device to look things up while playing.

10. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    XD the vita needs more ram...

11. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Oh I don't mean that the browser is perfect by any means; I just like that the option is there so I don't have to sit at my computer or use my phone. I've not really had any real problems with it aside from its limited functions.

12. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Yeh when it comes to multitasking the vita isn't good. For example if I was playing killzobe and U was stuck on a part I would like to watch a vid in where to go. But once you open the browser? 1. It's super laggy 2. The videos will be buffering alot!

13. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

The winner for me is the ability to put the thing to sleep mid-game without having save, and then turn on and getting instantly back into the action. That and being able to multi-task: Keeping a game open whilst I check out the trophy list or browse the store...

14. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

PSN ID:
    plpalo
    I have to agree with that. I'm looking forward to being able to do that with the PS4, too. They promised ;) Standby, go out, go back, continue just where I left off. Great stuff.

15. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    But it doesn't work that good.

16. DuhWhitePanda

DuhWhitePanda Well-Known Member

Trophy Support and connectivity, over PSN, to PS3/4.

17. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

PSN ID:
    plpalo
    What kind of problems are you having here? The only issues are with network play, i.e. you can't put a multiplayer game to background. Other than that, it all works just fine.

18. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    I will make a video showing the Internet doesn't work while you have a game in the background!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  19. plpalo

plpalo Active Member

PSN ID:
    plpalo
    If you are talking about the Browser, I already said that I've been experiencing problems with it. The Store or the Trophies, as well as Friends apps, work fine on my Vita.

20. Rheasink

Rheasink Member

Taking screenshots and multi-tasking. Also watching Youtube videos - app is fantastic and, unlike on PC, compression is invisible on 'dat OLED'™.

21. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    I can have Batman Arkham Origins on my pc running while I watch a Youtube video fine. Taking screen shots is easy to do with any console so why say it not only that but the psvita's screenshots don't look that good as the actual game you took a pic of...The "Youtube App" is still slow while playing a high powered game in the background. For example Killzone. Now I don't have Killzone! But I do have Soul Sacrifice so that should match up to Killzone. Not only that but with pc you can record lol PsVita cant sadly I wish they where to add that feature but with the lack of the PsVita's ram that wont be happening. But what I do like about the PsVita is that you can download something while you play a game :D the Xbox360 cant even do that! And that's annoying that it cant do that!

I just remembered some features I love about the vita only thinking bad about >.> First you can download something in the background while you play a game! The Xbox360 cant even do that! 2nd You can play music while doing anything! 3rd you can download something and put in Sleep Mode/Power Save Mode. 4rth your able to add a custom picture to your Lockscreen and for a background! 5th there is a microphone in the PSVITA that is cool! Just some things I noticed you could do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  22. ScottC12

ScottC12 Active Member

PSN ID:
    ScottC12
    My favourite feature of the vita has to be the ability to watch youtube videos and playing games at the same time. It really helps when trying to get platinum trophies.

23. AnabolicFrolic

AnabolicFrolic Active Member

I know it's been said already, but instant pause/resume from standby is really the killer feature for me. Being able to stop my game at any point, and pick up where I left off basically whenever I want really changes everything for a game system. Especially a portable!

Because of this, I think the Vita feels even more "next gen" than the PS4 at this point.

24. CharZarz

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Lol next gen can record and also LIVE STREAM! I wish the PsVita could record but its lacking ram.

25. AnabolicFrolic

AnabolicFrolic Active Member

That feature is nice, but it doesn't affect how I play a game. PS4 feels less next gen at the moment b/c I have to go find a checkpoint if I'm going to put my system in standby for the night. On Vita the experience is seamless. It has really changed how I play, and it's made gaming more enjoyable since I don't have to find arbitrary stopping points when something comes up, that's all.

Flying_Pig likes this.